| Video | Altitude Alert on Ground | IXEG 737 V.1.0.3 | Logfiles Attached |

HerrSchwarz

58 minutes ago, HerrSchwarz said:

Thanks for your reply, but i don´t wanna try any workarounds anymore im tired. :)

Have a nice weekend.

I see that, but it could be valuable information for IXEG if thats working.

Have a good weekend :)

Edited by Tom Stian

Since you are tired I did a quick test for you ;)

If you select 2000ft on the MCP you will not get that alltitude warning. I guess you get that when your altimeter is at or less then 900ft from the altitude on the MCP.

Jan have to answer if this is correct behavior on ground. And if the other problems you got by this is a bug :=)

Vm2cSQE.png

I think there is nothing that prohibits this function on ground, too. Except that usually the airplane doesn´t climb or descend much when on the ground ;).

However - if you are RIGHT on the edge of triggering this function, and the pressure changes, or you taxi downhill, or the plane settles a foot during "spawning", you might very well get this alert.

I am not sure why you can´t enter V-speeds after that, it might be a different bug (unable to access TAKEOFF REF page) - we have yet to investigate the erroneous switch to "air mode" while the plane is still on the ground. Likely an initialization problem, like Tom suspected.

Jan

5 minutes ago, Litjan said:

I think there is nothing that prohibits this function on ground, too. Except that usually the airplane doesn´t climb or descend much when on the ground ;).

However - if you are RIGHT on the edge of triggering this function, and the pressure changes, or you taxi downhill, or the plane settles a foot during "spawning", you might very well get this alert.

I am not sure why you can´t enter V-speeds after that, it might be a different bug (unable to access TAKEOFF REF page) - we have yet to investigate the erroneous switch to "air mode" while the plane is still on the ground. Likely an initialization problem, like Tom suspected.

Jan

Thank you two for clearifying. So this "Bug" is solved and i would be very thankful if the threat will be deleted. I´m gonna delete the Video now.
Again, Thank you and have a nice weekend. :)

First "wrong" bug report on my side. ;)

Edited by HerrSchwarz

Nah, I will just leave it here because someone else might run into the same problem!

There are no "wrong" bug-reports - I am happy for every report we get (MUCH better than a user being frustrated by something and won´t even bother to post) - and I am all the happier if we can clarify things.

Jan

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

Hi axmiha,

sometimes the departing airport elevation is just on the edge of the altitude alert envelope - so if you set the MCP ALT to 3000 and your airport is at 3250 feet, it could be that the alert triggers as you spawn.

Just move the selected altitude up or down until it is not within 250 feet of your current altitude, that should stop the blinking.

Cheers, Jan

• 4 weeks later...