Bug Report

apilot53@aol.com

Hello guys,

Ive been a longtime p3d pmdg ngx user that decided to give xplane a try because I couldn't resist this aircraft.  Its been a lot of fun so far to fly and the level of systems modelling is superb, even though it is still somewhat incomplete.  The attention to detail is amazing and is what drew me into this sim, and I am glad that you seem to be supporting this aircraft well and rolling out numerous fixes in a timely manner.  That being said I did notice some thing that were not quite right, I haven't seen them mentioned on the forum yet.

1.)  The standby altimeter reads incorrectly even when set to the same pressure as the primary altimeter, it seems to be related to altitude, with the error being about 400-600ft by cruise.  

2.)  The engine oil temp drops to near zero degrees in a matter of seconds when the throttles are pushed back to idle starting decent, the temp seems normal up until that point.

3.) The oil pressure is lower than what I've seen in various cockpit videos in the same phase of flight.

4.) The CSD oil temp doesn't move from zero, and the preflight test does not work.

5.) The pack overheat test doesn't illuminate the respective lights.

6.) I had a duct overheat warning, but the reset button did not clear the light.

7.)  The egt is too low during cruise, it is about 420-440 degrees, normally it is between 600 and 700 degrees at normal cruise power and altitude.

8.) VNAV bounces around during decent, never giving a smooth idle power decent, even with a simple crossing restriction the path changes several thousand feet, usually starting descent too early.  Im not sure if this one is just a case of you modelling the quirks of the system, or an actual bug, maybe this is why southwest doesn't allow vnav usage? 

9.) I noticed this after the latest hotfix, maybe it is real behavior, but the attitude indicators dont center until the left system is being fed off the engine genorator, not the apu.  The same is true of the autobrake, but in this case with the right system.  I thought the apu supplied power to the bus in the same way the engine generators did, I could be wrong about this.

10.) It seems like it takes an awful lot of power to get the airplane moving on the ground, I need at least 40% N1 to build up an kind of speed, after about 5-10 seconds I hit 10 kts.  

Thanks, really enjoying this plane!

Edited by apilot53@aol.com

18 hours ago, poodster said:

1.) That is a feature and is in the real plane.

10.) It depends on the surface you are on. 

Oh ok I didnt know that about number 1, those are the kind of details that make this addon so great.  As for 10, I dont think it has to do with the surface, because the plane will start to roll at idle thrust, but it takes a ton of power to get up to taxi speed.  This is on a flat taxiway.    Any info regarding 2, 5, 6, 7 ,8 and 9?

1 hour ago, apilot53@aol.com said:

Oh ok I didnt know that about number 1, those are the kind of details that make this addon so great.  As for 10, I dont think it has to do with the surface, because the plane will start to roll at idle thrust, but it takes a ton of power to get up to taxi speed.  This is on a flat taxiway.    Any info regarding 2, 5, 6, 7 ,8 and 9?

Ohh you are talkiing about the amount of power to get it to taxi speed. I feel like its good, but I don't know what the real thing does, Jan knows best. 

An no sorry, I don't have any info about the lest. 

Hi and thanks for the report:

2:) Default X-Plane modeling, no custom oil pressure or temp model yet

5.) It does here - sure you pressed it long enough (like on the real aircraft)?

6.) probably because you didnt give it time to reset the pack valve to close and did you turn the temperature selector to cooler? Might just get the next trip right away, otherwise.

7.) EGT is standard X-Plane modeling no custom EGT model yet (except during startup)

10.) It depends on a lot of factors - but for me the acceleration feels about right. It looses too much speed in turns, but that is X-Plane´s ground model at work :-(

Jan

Edited by Litjan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Hi and thanks for the report:

2:) Default X-Plane modeling, no custom oil pressure or temp model yet

5.) It does here - sure you pressed it long enough (like on the real aircraft)?

6.) probably because you didnt give it time to reset the pack valve to close and did you turn the temperature selector to cooler? Might just get the next trip right away, otherwise.

7.) EGT is standard X-Plane modeling no custom EGT model yet (except during startup)

10.) It depends on a lot of factors - but for me the acceleration feels about right. It looses too much speed in turns, but that is X-Plane´s ground model at work :-(

Jan

Are you guys gonna make custom models in the near future? Would be greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

While I am quite the beancounter myself, we have some bigger fish to fry right now :P. But in the future, when we get bored, who knows?

Jan

Darn, that not exactly what I was hoping to hear, considering its something that stares you right in the face on the instrument panel, and considering the level of detail elsewhere that you have simulated.  Although I do agree, having fuel predictions and a complete fmc is slightly more important :).  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Litjan said:

While I am quite the beancounter myself, we have some bigger fish to fry right now :P. But in the future, when we get bored, who knows?

Jan

great to hear that! 

PS: Bean counter heisst soviel wie sparsamer Buchhalter im englischen, hast du etwa umgeschult?