FMC - Direct to any next waypoint drops framerate to 0.x

bigbasspic

Jippie!

Looks like I fond the solution. Had Avast File Security running (didn't remember, must have turned that on a long time ago...), this seems to produce the malfunction. Turned it off, after that first time EDDW EDDH including changing route, levels  and speeds without problems. Yihaa! Lots of online fun to come :-)))

Bassy regards
Benjamin

23 hours ago, bigbasspic said:

23 hours ago, Litjan said:

Whoa, that was a "difficult birth", as we say here in Germany :lol:.

Happy that mother and child are well, happy flying now! (You waited long enough!)

Jan

Yes, it was, Jan! Thank you for your support. :)
Just one question remains: As I do not want to leave the antivirus software disabled, which precise folder(s) should be excluded from it to keep me and the plane happy???

Bassy regards
Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

I am no authority on this - but I would assume that for good measure you should exclude the whole X-Plane folder. While it might be enough to simply exclude the airplane folder (you can certainly try!) I think we also poll the default apt.dat to find coordinates for "smaller" airports continuously (so you can see them on the map).

Jan

Same issue here. When I changed an altitude in the FMS, the MOD-light came on and I ended up with an FPS of 6. Then the beachball showed it's ugly face ... After a while the FPS came back to 30 and I was able to EXEC. And now I'm back to 8 FPS, Unusable for flight  ... I have to quit X-Plane.

Just before that, VNAV did some weird stuff. On the graphical path indicator, the diamond chose positions between + 10000 feet and - 10000 feet.

2 hours ago, tdplane said:

Same issue here. When I changed an altitude in the FMS, the MOD-light came on and I ended up with an FPS of 6. Then the beachball showed it's ugly face ... After a while the FPS came back to 30 and I was able to EXEC. And now I'm back to 8 FPS, Unusable for flight  ... I have to quit X-Plane.

Just before that, VNAV did some weird stuff. On the graphical path indicator, the diamond chose positions between + 10000 feet and - 10000 feet.

This sounds like a heat problem - the other bane of Mac hardware.

VNAV doing weird stuff is a known issue and we will work on it as soon as we can!

Jan

15 hours ago, Litjan said:

This sounds like a heat problem - the other bane of Mac hardware.

VNAV doing weird stuff is a known issue and we will work on it as soon as we can!

Jan

Vielen Dank Jan.

What do you mean with "heath problem" and how do you guess? Can I cool her down? My iMac runs the 733 perfectly with 30-35 FPS. It's a weird incident when the FPS drops to 3 or 6. Is there something I can do about it?

Hi Theo,

you have to decide yourself to install or not install antivirus software on your Mac. But IF you have Avast installed, you should exclude the XPlane folder from it under "Preferences" if you want to fly this beautiful 733.
Is the iMac getting quite hot when playing XPlane? Macs DO reduce the cpu speed when getting hot, which is good and bad: Prolongs your computer life, but slows down performance... About cooling you may try to find software that lets you control the fans (=speed them up). Or do some DIY stuff like adding fans that suck out air to have a stronger ventilation inside the case (well, I guess nobody who bought a beautiful iMac wants to go down this ugly road ,-)

Bassy regards
Benjamin

No my iMac is not getting hot AFAIK. This dramatic drop in FPS only happened for the first time with the 733 on version 1.03. I was on CRZ ALT with not much detail in sight and smooth sailing. Frame rate was near 35 and then I decided to change an altitude further down the road. That's when the rate dropped to < 10.

I don't have these 'hot' issues (severe frame rate drops) with the FF 757, 767 and 777 nor with JAR A320 and A330. Just with the new version of IXEG 733. But I will test fly this puppy again to exclude pilot error ... KATL27R - BRAVS sid - OTK - PIGLT star - KMCO17L at FL310.

Once again, now with the 1.04, all of a sudden my FPS dropped from 35 to 2. CPU load was 25% and I couldn't feel any overheating. VRAM load was 30%. I guess that rules out the heating problem? Most of my processors had a field day ...

I was on descent from KDTW into KMCO, almost on final. FMA indicated V/S (VNAV not reliable) and I just did a DIRTO to a waypoint in the LEGS page, being KAKEY the first one on the ILS into 17L.

I had to choose another airport (KATL09L) through the X-Plane menu. FPS came back to 25 ...

Hi Theo,

you are right, it does not sound like a heat problem. I am a bit at a loss - we ruled out heat and (I think) you confirmed that you have absolutely no anti-virus or other security programs running.

This only leaves a possible conflicting other plugin - I see in your signature that you have quite the hangar - and are probably running just as many plugins.

If I may - could you (temporarily!) remove all plugins (except for the default X-Plane ones and the gizmo plugin) from your plugin folder, reboot X-Plane and then try this again?

We would be very interested in finding the conflicting plugin, so we could get in contact with them and resolve it!

Thanks for your help, Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

"Quite the hangar" ? True, but not many plugins, I guess. Here's an overview. XHSI, AirFMC, QPAC ... that's it. The trouble is I can't reproduce the mishap. The only 'other' clue might be the custom scenery of Simheaven (a tile bc17). It didn't occur in other places ...

I'm a bit at a loss too ! I'll try something new, without Simheaven.

I appreciate your attention and passion.

Theo.

1605 Plugins.jpg

...and I won´t be going away - I appreciate your willingness to investigate and help us narrow down on this. The Simhaven issue might indeed be a clue - we had a report of a crash related to a faulty tile, see here:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/9247-dialing-speed-on-mcp-caught-an-unhandled-c-exception-vector-too-long-hl_threadcpp262/#comment-99496

Let´s keep trying to figure out the cause of your problem!

Jan

Thanks for reporting back.

I will state again that you removing (temporarily) all your other plugins (except gizmo and plugin admin) and rebooting X-Plane will be the only way to narrow this down.

Flying with different aircraft and saying that they don´t have a problem is helpful, but only in a very limited way.

I realize that this is a hassle, but short of me buying your exact same computer and buying and installing all your software in the very exact same way we won´t be able to find the problem...

Jan

• 4 years later...