RCAF 412 Squadron for Hot Start Challenger 650 with Custom FBO 1.2

(1 review)

6 Screenshots

About This File

This livery is of the latest addition to the fleet of 412 Squadron of the Royal Canadian Air Force.

The Challenger 650 is designated as the CC-144D in the RCAF inventory.  The example that is the subject of the livery, 144620, was delivered to the squadron on 30 June 2020.

412 Transport Squadron is based in the Ottawa, Ontario in Canada’s National Capital Region. The squadron maintains a three-hour notice-to-move posture 365 days a year in support of Government of Canada and Canadian Armed Forces global transport requirements. Though primarily known for VIP transport, the CC-144 Challenger is also capable of command-and-liaison and emergency medical evacuation roles in support of CAF operations.

The squadron operates two different Bombardier CC-144 Challengers: the CC-144C (civilian model 604) and the CC-144D (civilian model 650).

The squadron is part of 8 Wing Trenton and is based out of the Pilot Officer John Gillespie Magee, Jr. Annex at Ottawa's MacDonald-Cartier International Airport (CYOW).  The Annex is named for a 412 Squadron Spitfire pilot who wrote the highly popular poem “High Flight”.

Check out the customization of the FBO reidentified as the PO J.G. Magee, Jr. Annex.

If you don't want the custom FBO textures, remove the following files from the livery Objects file:

• FBO_002.png
  • FBO_Decals.png
  • FBO_Labels.png

A YouTube video of the aircraft leaving the Bombardier factory in Montreal may be viewed at:

Edited by Arrowdynamixx

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

Updated Livery for v1.6.1

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've been waiting for this registration to be done!

Amazing stuff!

**Edit** my only criticism is that the badges in the pax compartment are low quality and shouldn't really be there unless HQ versions can be sourced. 

Edited by GridiroN

Thanks for the comment.

Regarding the badges in the cabin, the source images are HD but the textures they sit on are not. Removed in the update

Edited by Arrowdynamixx

On 2/10/2022 at 2:22 AM, Pils said:

I agree, looks great. Would it be possible to provide a version of the tail without the painted on registration, please? Thanks!

Just the tail texture?

19 hours ago, Monbonlupin said:

Great work, thanks ! I noticed a missing/different spot on the right wing...

Thanks for the comment.

Perhaps you could elaborate?  What is missing/different? I haven't been able to find any good photos of the top of the wing, so I have put everything there I could identify out of what I have found so far.

Any additional information would be welcome and I will update the livery. Thanks!!

6 hours ago, Monbonlupin said:

Sorry for not being clear.  I was wondering if the area circled in red was normal.

Thanks !

Hi Monbonlupin:

Yes, it is normal.  This is the anti-slip pad for when egress is through the emergency exit on the right side to keep passengers from slipping and falling off the wing. You can see it visible in the real example:

650.thumb.png.95f072780a148dc0f48a07dd264ad935.png

It is standard in the paint kit. I did not have to add it.

I hope that explains it.

Thanks for your interest in the livery.  Did you get a chance to wander around the custom FBO? I'd be interested in a critique, although with the resolution of the textures it's a bit difficult to do any more.

I will be updating the livery with fonts closer to real life, so check back in the next day or two.

Cheers!

Edited by Arrowdynamixx

On 2/11/2022 at 6:04 AM, Arrowdynamixx said:

Just the tail texture?

I was thinking, yes, just to keep it simple for you, but maybe the wings and nose too? But then it’s basically a different livery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 2/22/2022 at 8:23 PM, dennhel said:

Beautiful! is there a possibility that you make a usaf one? 

like this gulfstream attached?

Thanks for the comment.  I really only do liveries that I have some affinity for.  I would suggest you post this in a requested liveries forum or on Discord.