Hot Start Challenger 650 NetJets Livery 1.1.2

(9 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

This repaint is made for the payware Challenger 650 by Hotstart.

This livery was taken from a variety of close-up photos of the aircraft.

To install, extract the liveries folder to:
.\X-Plane\Aircraft\X-Aviation\CL650\liveries

Optional: (WARNING IT WILL AFFECT ALL LIVERIES, BACKUP THE FOLDER OTHERWISE A FRESH REINSTALL WILL BE NEEDED TO REVERT)
If you wish to use NetJets specific extra's, extract the plugins folder to: 
.\X-Plane\Aircraft\X-Aviation\CL650\plugins

If you like the livery, feel free to leave feedback and if you spot any errors, please do point them out!

If you want to use aspects of the livery in your paints you must credit this one or myself & John if it will be public.

Enjoy!

Side notes:

If you want to use aspects of the livery in your paints you must credit this one or myself & John
if your will be publicly downloaded.

If you like the livery, feel free to leave some feedback and if you spot any errors, please do point them out!

Matteo & John

Edited by pilot_matt
Description update

What's New in Version 1.1.2   See changelog

Released

Fixed black lines on engine cowling

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

User Feedback

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

• This will not be shown to other users.
  • Add a review...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

CRivera1

Hello,

I second the request of removing the registration to be able to use this aircraft for Netjets Europe. That'd be much appreciated

Link to review
escott26

Excellent livery! I've flown with this one many many times.

The X-Plane 12 has a lighting issue that causes these thick black seams on the engine cowl. They're not there when zoomed in, but they become more visible as you zoom out. I've been told it's probably because the paint needs to be extended beyond the borders of the UV islands in the texture.

It is a wonderful livery, though!

2014780_20230111192910_1 - Copy.png

Link to review
DarkIgo

· Edited by DarkIgo

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

In XP12 black lines are visible on the engines when zoomed out.
If I understood correctly this happens in xp12 when you don't have an island or extra pixels around edges of the objects.
Ps: I also find out that rivets are in misalignment with reflection on the leading edge of the wing.

1342106992_CL650-2022-09-2422_12_23.png

Response from the author:

For the black lines when zoomed out thats a issue with xp12 beta rendering still because if you check the individual livery files you would be able to see that the white goes all the way pass the panel making sure that there would not be any pixel issue. So I'll wait for xp12 full stable release before trying to figure out whats next on that bit. Another good example of this issue is the toliss A340 fuselage sections. (see picture below)
And for the rivets misalignment on the leading edge that is how the plane was made by hotstart and i believe every paint of the challenger would have that issue as well but i did bring it up to them but if the change it we wait and see
iberia.JPG.08536f89c1d50d76b02b11d6c3c6c

Link to review
ozpilot

· Edited by ozpilot

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I too am having difficulty entering the N number. Only the QS is displayed.

Can you explain "entering the aircraft from the FO"?

I have tried updating the call sign on the tune page in the FMS but no luck. Ive tried "EJAxxx" "NxxxQS" and "Nxxx". 

Resolved. It uses the registration that is in the airframe state. It only works in “career” mode since “cold and dark” mode does not reference the airframe state. 

Yeah unfortunately that is just how the aircraft was made but i believe a future update will fix that and you should not need to update the livery 

Link to review
pcartier1960

· Edited by pcartier1960

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Looks Great! the only issue I have is my registration number is not displayed, I only see the red "QS" Could I be missing a windows font?

Issue fixed, I had to enter the plane from the FO then the registration appeared! 

Link to review
mgchrist5

Well done!  A Netjets paint is the one livery I really wanted for the Challenger.  Just out of curiosity, what scenery did you use for your screenshot...with the NJ hangar?  Thanks.

Thanks and the hanger is DD’s KTEB at Signature South

Link to review
reversethrust

Currently have this bird in the air! Really nicely done. Clever job making the red QS part of the texture but leaving the rest of the registration customizable, it worked well for me. Thanks! I hope you'll pant more CL60s. 

Awesome much appreciated, and if you run into any issues with the registration for CPDLC stuff, in the Page 2 of Tuning on the FMC change flight ID there to add the QS part. More paints will come.

Link to review
chroode

Nice! 

I like the stripes.

Thanks for doing this. 

Glad you like it!

Link to review