11 Screenshots

About This File

ATTENTION: To use this aircraft, you must own a X-Aviation product, to get Gizmo plugin. If you don't own one, please don't download this aircraft!

P.180 Avanti II for X-Plane 11 - CURRENT VERSION: 2.3.0 (uploaded at: February 25th, 2020)

If you want to support P.180 Avanti development, please donate here: PAYPAL

v2.3.0 Main Features

• Compatible only with EXPERIMENTAL FLIGHT MODEL (11.40+), capable of flying up to M.67 at altitude.
  • Terrain Radar operation via PFD/MFD buttons.
  • Tablet for aircraft loading (engines must be off and the aircraft stationary), and access to AVITAB.
  • Librain Support.
  • See Change Log for more!

If you don't have Gizmo already installed in your X-Plane copy, there is an version of Gizmo in the folder extra files. Put the Gizmo.plugin folder in you X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins folder.

If you already have Gizmo, DO NOT SUBSTITUTE the existing one with this. MIGHT BREAK OTHER GIZMO ADDONS!!!

If you find reflections too high, in the extra files folders are textures to change that. Copy the low reflections texture into the objects folder, and replace the existing one! 

v2.2.0.VR

NOW VR COMPATIBLE with the help of SimVRLabs!

OFFICIAL SUPPORT:
Official Bug tracker: https://bitbucket.org/iliastselios/p180_avanti/issues?status=new&status=open

Support Forums: 

DESCRIPTION:

As you might already know this aircraft is based on X-Plane's default P.180 Avanti , originally designed for X-Plane 8, was included in X-Plane 9, and from that point has been overhauled to Avanti II version. This is aircraft is totally FREE! It is a "return" to the X-Plane community that supported us those last 4 years that we exist as a development team!

This aircraft main features are:

1. High quality visuals, cockpit all new 3D model and textures, including PBR materials.
  2. Simulated: a. startup and shutdown procedures b. engine controls and operations c. autopilot controls and operations d. partially operation of the electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel systems.
  3. Emulation of Proline 21 avionics suite. Currently there is only one layout that will allow you to operate the aircraft in all scenarios. Many improvements will come in the future.
  4. Installation in the 3D cockpit of the default X-Plane 11 FMC.
  5. Improved flight characteristics.
  6. Internal custom lighting.

Of course Avanti development is not stopping here! Actually the overall development will be continuous, and the aircraft will always be in beta stage. Updates and upgrades will be available frequently!

Main planned future upgrades are:

1. Adding more functionallity to Proline 21 avionics suite, heading from an emulation to a simulation.
  2. Custom NAV maps.
  3. Custom FMC.
  4. Fully simulation of all systems.
  5. New 3D model from ground up.
  6. Improved flight model.
  7. Avanti EVO.

Special thanks to: Austin Meyer for giving his permission to use parts of the Avanti on this project and X-Plane by Laminar Research that gave us this magnificent simulator!

The team that originally developed Avanti for X-Plane, Robert Pearson (aerodynamics), Massimo Durando (cockpit & 3D cockpit), and Javier rollon (External Model. JRollonPlanes www.jrollon.com) for his fantastic 3D work. @Hueyman for the propeller 3D model and the prop disc images.

Ben Russell of Gizmo64 for his support and that made available to us that powerful tool (aka Gizmo), and Cameron Son of X-Aviation for the support.

And of course X-Plane community for the interest in that project and patient to wait to be realized!

Edited by airfighter
Added note tha tyou must own a XA product to use this aircraft.

What's New in Version 2.3.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 17

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lots of stuff broken after recent XP11 updates.
Switches that don't switch, AP goes into steep climb >290 KIAS, variables (V/S, ALT, speed bug, etc) not painting on displays, etc. Too much to list, doubt I even found them all, great project that was working great but now needs an annual.
image.thumb.png.e0095574fa1ee319b088cf7af9b88b16.png

GizmoLog.txt Log.txt

On 3/19/2021 at 12:07 AM, Print744 said:

Lots of stuff broken after recent XP11 updates.
Switches that don't switch, AP goes into steep climb >290 KIAS, variables (V/S, ALT, speed bug, etc) not painting on displays, etc. Too much to list, doubt I even found them all, great project that was working great but now needs an annual.

1 hour ago, sunzhibin said:

I would like to ask why the X-Plane 11.51 model installed after why the model is like this?

The Gizmo version you are using is old and probably does not work with the later X-Plane versions. If you own an X-Aviation product, rerun the installer to get the newer version, otherwise I don't if @Ben Russellcan help here with making a new version.

16 hours ago, airfighter said:

The Gizmo version you are using is old and probably does not work with the later X-Plane versions. If you own an X-Aviation product, rerun the installer to get the newer version, otherwise I don't if @Ben Russellcan help here with making a new version.

Thank you. The instrument problem has been solved after installing Gizmo. But why isn't there an Avitab tablet in the cockpit?

1406545100_avanti-2021-03-2117_41_34.thumb.png.64eac785c9d9618c19f9f33024a0280d.png

21 hours ago, airfighter said:

您使用的Gizmo版本较旧,可能无法与更高版本的X-Plane一起使用。如果您拥有X-Aviation产品,请重新运行安装程序以获取更新的版本,否则,我不会@本·罗素可以在这里提供新版本的帮助。

Also, I have an Avitab tablet installed.

4 hours ago, MAJORQUATTRONUT said:

help please.  I paid for support thru paypal and find nowhere to download latest file with FMS etc.  2.3.0

First of all you haven't "paid" for support. A donation is as a thank you to the developer who spend his/her time to give you a free, high quality aircraft. Second, the released version is the 2.3.0. There is no other version beyond that. There are stuff as work-in-progress, but nothing is ready to released. 

This is such a phenomenal plane and flies very nicely. I'm running X-Plane 11.53 on a Mac. Have Gizmo installed in X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins. I got GIzmo from here: https://gizmo64.com/ since others said the included version may not be compatible with XP11.

I can't get the autopilot to engage. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there is an incompatibility. Also, the speed reading in the center display flickers. Log.txt is attached. I'm not seeing a Gizmo log anywhere.

Anything I can do to fix these issues? Thanks in advance for the help.

Log.txt

Great work on this aircraft. It is surely a labour of love, and it is a pleasure to fly. I have just "rediscovered" X-Plane after several years with P3D and recently MSFS 2020, so this was a pleasant suprise. Even with my modest PC, the VC and gauges runs smooth in VR. The Collins gauges look and feels great.

• Like 2

good evening, I don't understand how to get gizmo64, I read that I must have an X-Aviation product but I don't understand;
do I buy any airplane on the x-aviation website and then automatically does this p180 also work?
or I can purchase the gizmo64 plugin directly. can anyone help me? Thank you 

On 12/8/2022 at 7:40 PM, FelipeBastos said:

Works on x-plane 12

Needs a lot of work to work properly in X-Plane 12. When I'll have some free time, I might updated her, but not any time soon.

• Like 2

I am interested in accessing the aircrafts settings via the tablet.

[Moderator edited to remove pointless ranting.]

Edited by Pils

On 12/25/2022 at 5:58 PM, airfighter said:

Needs a lot of work to work properly in X-Plane 12. When I'll have some free time, I might updated her, but not any time soon.

Hi there,
Could we have some hope still for an XP12 version of your wonderful P180?
Many thanks.

Al.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fatflash said:

Hi there,
Could we have some hope still for an XP12 version of your wonderful P180?
Many thanks.

Al.

I'll try to find some time, to try the minimum to make her working in XP12, but no promises about when.

• Like 2