GNS 430

Exit X-Plane.

Copy the Aircraft's folder, and re-name the copy something like "BAe Jetstream 32 - ARINC 424 GPS".

Run Plane-Maker (PM).

Go File --> Open.

Select the folder "BAe Jetstream 32 - ARINC 424 GPS".

Select the Jetstream32.acf inside that folder, select [Open Aircraft].

pm001.JPG

Once PM has loaded the JS32, select Standard --> Panel: 2-D.

On the right hand side under Hierarchy, find FMS_small.png, highlight it (so the name goes orange), then  deleate it (by clicking the no entry icon).

pm002.JPG

Select the GNS430 on the panel (its should be highlighted in orange).

At the very bottom of the screen change the X value from 331.0 to 337.0 (as the default setting is slightly miss-aligned).

pm005.JPG

You should not have to change anything else if you followed the instructions (but just incase the settings for the GPS that I used are:

Zoom: 100%, Name: Garmin_430.png, X:337.0, Y:1628.0, Size: 4.00, Copilot [ ] that's un-ticked ;)

Close the Panel editor by clicking the white arrow head top left.

Now go Standard --> Systems page, FMS/GPS section and select pilot use moderm ARINC424 capable.

pm004.JPG

Close the Systems page by clicking [x] on that page.

Go File --> Save.

Exit PM.

Start X-Plane,  load the modified aircraft.

Go Fly!

Remember Backup by copying the Aircraft's folder first!!

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729
  • Upvote 5

• 6 months later...

Hello cessna729 Thank you for this, I have followed the instructions and managed to intergrate the new GPS into my Bae Jetsream 32, however the CDI button does not work as it should, it is not changing the navigation to GPS as it does in your video or in my other plane, do you anyidea as how to solve it? thank you so much.

Rusny

Hi Rusny, When you say the CDI button dosn't work how it should, what do you mean exactly? When I press the GNS430 CDI button the text directly above the button (on the GNS430 screen toggles between GPS and VLOC each time I press the button. Does yours not do that?

I suggest the first thing you do is try and find out "where" the CDI button problem lies, try loading X-Plane "engines running" then:

1. Does the 3-D  GNS430 work correctly in a X-Plane Default aircraft eg. C-172?
  2. Does the 2-D  "Pop-up" GNS430 work correctly in a X-Plane Default aircraft eg. C-172?
  3. Is it only the CDI button? do all the other buttons work?
  4. Have you accidentally reprogrammed a joystick button or keyboard key that may interfere with the CDI button (check XP Settings, Joystick & Equipment, Buttons & Keys Tab).
  5. Are you using any other 3rd party plugins that may effect the CDI button (i.e. tempoarilly remove all other 3rd party plugins to check, does it work now.).

I suspect that LR may have changed a few things since I posted the original article back in June last year (eg. Xp 10.31 is slightly different), eg. CDI button in "popup" 2D works slightly different to 3D button, and the JS32 may use a Custom dataref for the CDI, and the one on the 2-D pop-up is not a "toggle" function, where the one on the 3-D is???, just a guess).  So as a work around use the 3-D CDI button! ;)

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

Hello Cessna729, Thank you for reply, I just noteced that the problems lies in jetsream 32 itself, I have installed the new GPS in couple of the GA aircraft and they all working ok ie all buttons ar working. In this case the CDI button does not toggle to GPS (pop up only) when pressed, it locked on VLOCK and there is no way to change to GPS.

1- yes it does work in default aircraft both in 2D and 3D

2- all buttons works

3-No any joystick button interence

4- I will investigate of any other plugins

Thank you.