Peter Hager A380

Maxime

Hey everyone They are working extremely hard on the a320 and the Crj-200 if you want a double decker with a 3d interior check out the Breguet 763 at the .org store, it is awsome, and in a few weeks Heinz will release a great Caravelle, with a bathroom, and lots of animated parts.

Heinz= Myvirtualhangar.com

Peter= search Peter's aircraft on google

For the Breguet= X-plane.org

Here are some photos of Peter's a380 in progress...

post-789-131369573605_thumb.jpg

post-789-131369573645_thumb.jpg

post-789-131369573689_thumb.jpg

post-789-131369573726_thumb.jpg

post-789-13136957376_thumb.jpg

post-789-131369573804_thumb.jpg

post-789-131369573834_thumb.jpg

post-789-131369573874_thumb.jpg

post-789-131369573903_thumb.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your answers and I know your tied up at the moment but will Peterscraft do a full 3d cockpit and cabin.

And also to JRollon instead of doing lots of aircraft with very average 3d cockpits like other xplane sights, please keep up what you have been doing and taking your time and doing it extremely well that way people will pay good money. People will also pay on the fact that to this day you have pretty much the best aircraft (when the crj-200 comes out) and nobody else can do that level of detail.

There is also the fact that FSX can compete with xplane 9 but it wont be able to keep up with xplane 10. soon people will start switching over and they will want the same quality as a PMDG 747-400. I do think in the future your going to get pretty bussy.

Thanks Andy ;)

....and nobody else can do that level of detail.

Get a tissue and clean your nose man!

the same quality as a PMDG 747-400

I hope not!!!!

PMDG747.jpg

Poor lighting simulation, "flash" effect   ...can you not see the totally mediocre 3D quality in that image????   Javier's art surpasses PMDG in a BIG way.  PMDG needs to get up to "jrollen quality" with their art.

the same quality as a PMDG 747-400

I cant stand PMDG they paint on to many things, It drives me up the wall. Goran, Cameron, Theo and I think Tom has heard my crazed rants about PMDG!

;D Is it me or dose it look like the yoke handels are made for Chewbacca sized hands? ;)

p721_2.jpg

OHHHH MY GOD HOW MANY POLYGONS HAVE THAT!!!!???? tooo muchhh!!!!

Last I heard from Peter, over 1 million

How many is too much?

Too bad Peter's aircrafts don't have 3D pits...

True.  It's like saying "how long is a ball of string".  More polygons usually means more detail.  It all comes down to efficient modeling. 

Goran

• 1 month later...

I say a good balance between polygons and textures wins every time.

just look at the A380. it may have 1 million plus polygons but with that texture it doesn't look good at all.

a good texture artist can make a 10k polygon plane look fantastically real looking. (Jrollon)

I just hope they add Dynamic Reflections, and self shadowing to X-plane someday soon, as that will really make it shine over FSX any day.

Why doesn't he just make a 3D cockpit for the A380? I mean I want a really good quality A380, and if it doesn't have a 3D cockpit, then it is usually not good enough quality for me. Also, on his website if you press (coming next), it says that he is going to make an A318 and an A321. Is this true? And since those aircraft are probably not gonna have that many polygons, I think he should make a 3D cockpit.

I think if Peter doesen't have the energy or know how to build a proper 3d pit (I suspect this is not the case) he should at least farm the work out. There are a handfull of folks here who could produce a bangin pit in little time *coughGoran*. Maybe the "pilots with necks" demographic would show a little more interest in his planes. I certainly would. I'd looove to have a top notch a380 with a 3d pit. A boy can dream, can't he?

Why doesn't he just make a 3D cockpit for the A380?

I've been flying Peter's A330s since I got into X-Plane. His focus, like Austin's, has always been on the simulation side of the equation, and he's always pushing what X-Plane can do in terms of accurately simulating aircraft systems and performance. The manual for the A330s is 125 pages long, and you really do have to read it to fly his planes successfully. He's just not that interested in eye candy: he'd rather spend the time making sure his planes hit the performance numbers more than anything else.

That said, I am glad he's starting to incorporate .obj-based aircraft models, as I like eye candy as much as they next guy. I can't wait for the .obj-based A330s, which will come after he releases the A380.

I'm dreadfully afraid of Peter's A380. Hands down, he has managed to produce some of the best flying models out there. Even his non-obj aircraft are so meticulously built that they look pretty darn good. That being said, it's evident that he modeled the A380, then subdivided the ever-loving crap out of it. Basically, he did what the sim does to smooth things out, but does with shading via the gfx card. The sim does this because its far more efficient to optimize textures and crease angle than it is to add a bunch of polys. Simply put, there shouldn't be more than 250-350K polys in that plane. I have a feeling that by the time he adds in his 2048^2 panel with a bunch of generic instruments that the plane will run preetttttttyyy slow. Then again, he'll probably realize this sooner or later and cut back on the polys.

Nevertheless, with lessons learned, I have a feeling he'll be putting out some outstanding products in the next year!