WIP 003 - Cabin

Well.. the passengers has now a place to sit down!! All the modelling of the CRJ is finished!!! Now Graphically only textures refining, and the Cabin one.

This is only ilumination texture of the cabin. The good one in a days....  :)

post-5-131369568715_thumb.jpg

Wow... this is among the top 5 best planes i've seen for XP... that cabin is going to look unreal! I wish we could do more with it though. Very many details packed into such a small plane... i'm sure it will quickly become one of my favorites to fly...

Nice work.

Nils

• 2 weeks later...

:D Might I suggest working seat belt and no smoking signs?

Happy landings - Jason

Yes!! that is my intention from the begging working on the cabin. If the pilot press the smoking or belt switch then the ligth iluminates or not on the cabin. Is easy to do and very nice to see.  :)

The texturing of the main cabin is almost done (just 2 or 3 days more) I will post a picture when ready.

Is such a large detailed cabin affecting the overall framerate?

It's very nice and all, don't get me wrong, but I can't really see a cabin being worth the effort unless it has little or no effect on the framerate... Just my 2¢...

A detailed cockpit however, is very much desired, and you seem to have that nailed down pretty good already :)

Cameron,

I'm sure you guys are on top of things and wouldn't include one if it had not been economically doing so.

When I think about it, I was probably a bit hasty posting my comment, and its more to do with what each induvidual prioritize and want from a product than anything else. It's great that you intend to cater to a broader market that might demand a cabin, but for me that won't be a must. I'll definitely buy it either way :)

Don't worry. There are several solutions for optimizing the plane. But The plane right now has less polygons than the MU-2 so, there won't be any problem.

On the 8800 gts (320mb) I had 40 fps, On a gtx285 I have over 70 or so (Q6600) but Cameron has 100 fps.

X-plane is really well built.

• 2 months later...

"i think javier is playing games with us....i am really annoyed with all this postponment week after week. I am also annoyed when people have got v2 "beta" for testing and we have nothing for so long. Finally it would be a good thing, Javier to write himself a post explaining the situation, the progress or whatever....to give us something."

lol not my words but people are obviously very very anxious ahaha

do you have any updates on the crj?

Regards,

Eric lahti

"i think javier is playing games with us....i am really annoyed with all this postponment week after week. I am also annoyed when people have got v2 "beta" for testing and we have nothing for so long. Finally it would be a good thing, Javier to write himself a post explaining the situation, the progress or whatever....to give us something."

lol not my words but people are obviously very very anxious ahaha

do you have any updates on the crj?

Regards,

Eric lahti

As Dhruv as mentioned, this message you posted was regarding Javier Cortez and the UFMC, not Javier Rollon.

lol thats not what i was talking about i was asking a question about the CRJ on XPFW

im not mistaken but I know theres a difference

and btw

im not saying you did but its almost like you avoided my question

Eric,

It appears you are mistaken, which is why we informed you of this. The post you quoted was here: http://forums.xplanefreeware.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=7966&view=findpost&p=59290

You made a post in that same topic here: http://forums.xplanefreeware.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=7966&view=findpost&p=59191

The Javier that develops the CRJ is not the same Javier that develops the UFMC. Your post that I linked to above is posted in a topic regarding the UFMC and Javier Cortez.

There are several posts here regarding the CRJ that have addressed release times. It's all dependent on the programming as of now, and we have no release information at this time. Just so there's no confusion, there are currently NO betas of the CRJ floating around.

Best,

Cameron

• 2 months later...

The first glance at your CRJ-200 interior i was shocked, can you add a washroom with an animated door?

Some passengers would be great, and openable a closable windows, and for the final thing indoor lighting for the night.

Best plane yet! Looking forward to buy the A320, and the CRJ-200.  :o

Outstanding work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one thing I think would be cool would be openable windows. (Great idea Maxime!)

It wouldn't be too bad of a FPS hit if you could get a small texture hooked up to a dataref or manipulator. (Don't know anything about either)

Let's just say 256x256 Or you can add it in with the 2048x2048.

The one thing I think would be cool would be openable windows. (Great idea Maxime!)

It wouldn't be too bad of a FPS hit if you could get a small texture hooked up to a dataref or manipulator. (Don't know anything about either)

Let's just say 256x256 Or you can add it in with the 2048x2048.

Jason,

The texture is only a minimal portion of a moving window. Textures are not hooked to datarefs, objects are. This translates to more polygons per window, which ends up being wasted space for non-essential items.

Javier, just out of curiosity, are you doing only the one seating arrangement?

Of the three times I've been on the CRJ-200, the seating has always been three rows of seats on one side, and one row on the other.

Sounds kind of strange that they'd do that.

Looking excellent otherwise! Can't wait to buy her!

I have several photos of several companies and all have that way. Even is better for texturing because is a more symetry distribution so better memory safe for computer.. and better resolution. BUT I always have thinked that virtual pilots never should have a look of the plane outside or cabin... because they are on the cockpit!! hehe. But I understand all opinions and know people like to have a beautifull outside and cabin also.