Saab 340A Cockpit Preview - December 10, 2012

Cameron

I like the brushes in the throttle and prop lever tracks. Very nice!

What's the control just outboard of each VOR tuner on the glareshield? Is that the controller for each pilot's EFIS?

The control panel(s) to the left of the NAV1 radio and to the right of the NAV2 radio are the DCP (Display Control Panels). They have controls for various aspects of the EADI and EHSI displays including:

- Decision Height adjustment

- CRT brightness levels

- Radio Altitude Test

- Flight Director (ON/OFF)

- Elapsed time

- Rose, Sector, and Radar selector

- DTA (Declutter)

- DEV (Map Mode)

- BRG (ADF bearing)

And these functions are ALL working in the Saab 340A as per the "real" aircraft.

Edited by JGregory

• 1 month later...

How far is the Saab away from being release?

We do not post release information on products any longer.

That said, the team is working on this product very hard each and every day and inching closer to release.

We will have new previews and information very shortly. ;)

Must be the longest tease in X-Plane history. I think you run the risk of prospective customers dying of boredom and/or taking their business elsewhere.

Phil

Hi, Phil,

You are certainly welcome to do so! After all, X-Plane is a hobby and all about fun for majority of our customers. If you find a Saab elsewhere that you like, buy it, support it, and enjoy it!

We are squarely focused on making a study sim and doing it right. We understand, for some people like yourself, this philosophy may not work. The CRJ was three years in the making, and the reception was huge. With this in mind, I have faith in our reputation and where it will lead.

Cheers!

• Upvote 6

Must be the longest tease in X-Plane history. I think you run the risk of prospective customers dying of boredom and/or taking their business elsewhere.

Phil

I understand the sentiment, but speaking for myself, there are plenty of other models to pass the time with. Right now i have a JS32 I need to get from Ethiopia to Michigan, USA. She's sitting in Bulgaria at the moment, so there's a couple of week's flying left. Once I get that bird 'home', I'll start working on the Duchess* I just bought (in FSE), taking her from Germany to Michigan as well. That'll kill some time, too, I bet.

If I didn't have FSE to give some direction to my simming time, I'd probably be pretty anxious about the next big plane. Waiting is always the hardest part.

* we managed to get the Duchess 76 released as a model in the FSE lineup last gift. Huge thanks to Paul (Odaat) for getting it added so quickly. Woohoo! X-aviation releases in FSE are a great match.

Edited by cruster
  • Upvote 2

I am looking forward to a good quality plane and good planes take a lot of time to develop. I hope this plane will takes the bar higher in flight simulation. I wish you good luck on developing this plane further, believing that waiting brings some very special. 

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome cockpit. I said goodbye to the 2D cockpit some years ago when i started flying on FSX, when got to X-Plane 10 i got a little dissapointed when seeing planes like the C-130 without a 3D cockpit, but hey, its so good to see you guys making an aircraft with an awesome 3D cockpit like this one, just awesome!!!  :D

• 1 month later...

I fly both FSX and X-Plane 10/64, but with aircraft like this Saab, X-Plane is quickly becoming the premier simulation.  The cockpit looks amazing.

You guys call yourself "Leading Edge Simulations" and with this Saab, you are really living up to your name.  Could also rightfully be called "Cutting Edge Simulations"  ;)

Edited by signmanbob
  • Upvote 1