X-Pilot Announces Download File Library!

X-Pilot

Hello, Pilots!,

X-Pilot is pleased to announce the opening of our new Download File Library! This will serve as a place to upload your creations, including aircrafts, sceneries, and liveries. There are a few features in place to make this work and keep a quality standard upheld, as we want this to be organized and "easy" on our community members.

Firstly, when you upload a file it will be placed into a queue for one of our designated File Library managers to approve. In the approval process, the managers will verify the description, file uploaded, screenshot, and other information provided with the upload. The approval process is expected to be relatively quick after a file has been submitted.

Once a file is submitted and accepted by a library manager, the file will be publicly visible and a topic will be auto-created and linked from the file to a topic in the new File Library forum. This forum may also serve as a place for support for files, as well as an alternative way to seek out files you may be interested in as a downloader in the community.

We will have more to announce soon, but for now we wish you happy uploading and downloading, and would like to thank everyone in the X-Pilot community for their continued support!

Blue Skies!,

X-Pilot.com

• Upvote 3

Funny I posted about that in the features section at the same time this was posted. I'll copy my post here so you can delete the old one if you like. "Yes! A file library! Finally I can upload/download things from I site I don't resent visiting! Expect my sceneries to be uploaded here soon."

-NR

As the author of Xsaitekpanels will there be a section for plugins?

Bill

Hello, Bill,

As per your request, a new category has been added for Plugins and Utilities!

Any more information on the quality standards? It doesn't seem to be part of the approval process, that's why I ask.

Hi, Kaphias,

While we encourage all uploaders to do their best, the quality standard will mainly be upheld by the integrity of consistency for information about the files, proper spelling, titles, and overall ease of use for the library. So long as an honest effort is made by an uploader, I would not be concerned with rejection. Simply enjoy! :)

Thanks to All!

Hi, Kaphias,

While we encourage all uploaders to do their best, the quality standard will mainly be upheld by the integrity of consistency for information about the files, proper spelling, titles, and overall ease of use for the library. So long as an honest effort is made by an uploader, I would not be concerned with rejection. Simply enjoy! :)

Good to hear. Thanks.

Thanks to All!

Thank YOU. What a huge boost this will be for the whole X-Pilot and X-Plane community.

• Upvote 3

This is a great day for X-Aviation and the X-plane community indeed. Now that X-plane is finally getting some much deserved attention in the flight simulation category, it deserves to have a website run by courteous and professional people to support it like X-Pilot. The megalomaniacs who run that "other" X-plane site can kiss-off. That other place is outmoded, unfriendly, and unprofessional. It has been a hindrance to the growth of X-plane into the mainstream. X-aviation is a great company which offers some of the very best add-ons for X-plane available today as well as having great customer service and support. With the other place, I feel like I have to constantly slog through the forums on everything that I've purchased to see if anything has been updated or fixed.

With downloads available on here now, I hope to see a large migration of traffic come over from the other site as well as new comers to X-plane coming here first instead. Austin should change the Laminar site to direct people here instead of that other filthy rotten ORGanization.

Great news, my next project is dedicated to this site from now on... Just promise, x-pilot admin, that you won't overstress the rules and regulations that restrict so many good people on the other side. I feel very privileged to be able to be part of this wonderful new addition!

X-pilot rocks!!!

Edit: please accept plane maker designed aircraft that have a good homemade feel, the little developer still needs a chance to share without being harshly put down... Based on the nature of other community I'd say there needs to be a change. I do like your quality approach, as I see x-pilot being a hub for high quality awesomeness!

X-pilot rocks x 2!!

Edited by Hampster

Hello All

I think this is absolutely great that you have created a download library on X-Pilot. It is a real pleasure to post and have dialogue with the other members on this forum. The payware add-ons on X-Aviation are exceptionally good and to me set the bar for X-Plane payware. The people on this site are always courteous and professional and you know that if you have a question, no matter how trivial, you won't be treated like on another ORGanisation.

I am presently working on a couple of airports using the new Lego brick WED1.2b, one in the US and one in the UK, and when I am happy with them I will gladly share these with the other members on here.

Regards

Simon

Finally somewhere to go other than you know where!

Thank you for the support, Graham!

Highly welcomed news!! Danke'

We're happy you think so, Phantom88!

This is what really will change the game. Having quality downloads will drastically increase viewers on x-pilot (I would think) and will provide an excellent alternative - choice is always nice to have :)

Yes, we do agree!

This is a great day for X-Aviation and the X-plane community indeed. Now that X-plane is finally getting some much deserved attention in the flight simulation category, it deserves to have a website run by courteous and professional people to support it like X-Pilot. The megalomaniacs who run that "other" X-plane site can kiss-off. That other place is outmoded, unfriendly, and unprofessional. It has been a hindrance to the growth of X-plane into the mainstream. X-aviation is a great company which offers some of the very best add-ons for X-plane available today as well as having great customer service and support. With the other place, I feel like I have to constantly slog through the forums on everything that I've purchased to see if anything has been updated or fixed.

With downloads available on here now, I hope to see a large migration of traffic come over from the other site as well as new comers to X-plane coming here first instead. Austin should change the Laminar site to direct people here instead of that other filthy rotten ORGanization.

On behalf of the staff here at X-Pilot, and those involved in development and support from X-Aviation, we thank you for supporting us, J_Will!

Great news, my next project is dedicated to this site from now on... Just promise, x-pilot admin, that you won't overstress the rules and regulations that restrict so many good people on the other side. I feel very privileged to be able to be part of this wonderful new addition!

We promise!

X-pilot rocks!!!

Edit: please accept plane maker designed aircraft that have a good homemade feel, the little developer still needs a chance to share without being harshly put down... Based on the nature of other community I'd say there needs to be a change. I do like your quality approach, as I see x-pilot being a hub for high quality awesomeness!

X-pilot rocks x 2!!

Submit away! We definitely want to approve growth in our community! :)

Wow, great! Now I have to look at two sites for new files :P

Looking forward to new files! Maybe I'll add some files also :)

(hehe I can like my own post :wub: )

Thanks for the support, brent123!

When I re-do my 8S2 for version 10 I'll gladly up it here, too.

We look forward to it, woweezowee! :)

I am presently working on a couple of airports using the new Lego brick WED1.2b, one in the US and one in the UK, and when I am happy with them I will gladly share these with the other members on here.

Regards

Simon

We look forward to checking out your creations, Simon, and thanks for the support!

Great news ! B)

Thanks, Max!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am so pleased with your decision to add this facility to your site. You guys have conducted your affairs with dignity and professionalism that deserves recognition. It will be a great asset to the xplane community. Please accept my freeware Grob Tutor into the files - I hope you all enjoy flying it. Good luck with the future expansion.

• Upvote 1