BEFORE YOU UPDATE X-PLANE!!!!!!!

Japo32

Hello pilots!

The new upcomming X-Plane 10.10 version is comming soon!

Maybe you are one old x-plane user and know the procedures how to update, but for those that never did it, I would say that these steps are really really interesting you should do, and even I would say you "MUST" do.

Once a new beta (or final) version of x-plane has come out (10.10, or whatever other version)....

1. Copy the whole directory you have installed X-Plane (9, 10.. or whatever version). That version you are playing perfectly, good, your CRJ200 or any other addom you have.

If your x-plane version is too heavy because addoms, or you installed a good part of the world, don't select those addoms in the copy, and in Global Scenery folder deselect to copy the Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery. Even you have water in the new version we want to test our planes in new version....

2. paste in other part of your computer and call it as the new beta (or final) version number it has.

3. Grab the X-Plane updater and POINT TO THE NEW COPY of X-Plane, so the new copy will be the updated one.

4. Try all you can try the new version. If you have any problem report in the forum... BUT at least.. you will have still the plane perfectly and good flying in the old version.

If you don't do these steps and anything changed in the new version of X-Plane that make something wrong with your addom (CRJ200, Mentor, etc...) then you won't be able to fly or use those addoms until the problem are fixed maybe by Laminar.

Believe me, this has happened before, and you wouldn't like to wait to fly your favorite addoms because you cannot go one step backwards.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1