Xplane9/10 In Program Files (x86) file on seperate drive

larjeet

I posted this on the Xplane10 demo forum but thought I would post it here also

I have one copy of Xplane10 demo located in the programs86 folder in windows 7 64 On a seperate drive I have placed a copy of it in the first partition . This is the only Item on that partiition . I also have no Page file on this drive . I would think that being an exact copy that the frame rates would be the same but they are lower on the second drive .I have have found other programs that recomend that they be installed outside the Program Files (x86) file to fix problems I have also found that with an amateur radio program I use Called echo link had audio problems untill I moved it to the Program Files (x86) file . It would seem that windows7 64 uses the Program Files (x86) file to run 32bit programs properly . So I decided to make a file on the second drive and call it Program Files (x86) and move Xplane 10 demo into it and now my frame rates are the same on both copies . If you are running Xplane 10 or Xplane on a seperate Drive try this and see if it works for you . Here is a link that explanes this: http://www.samlogic.net/articles/32-64-bit-windows-folder-x86-syswow64.htm

Larry

Edited by larjeet
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, works now.

I'm using X-Plane from another partition than the system (D:\X-Plane9). Copied to "Program Files (x86)", and voila: before ~40 fps, after: ~50 fps = 25% improvement. Tried on different sceneries with different render settings and the performance is about 20-25% better when xplane in "Program Files (x86)" folder.

Thanks for this info!