• X-Plane 10.45 RC-1 Released

Cameron

Laminar Research has released X-Plane 10.45 RC-1 to the wild.

As per their release, "X-Plane 10.45 is a “small” patch for us in that it doesn’t contain major changes to the code, but it contains a number of features you might like."

Changes include:

• An update to the global airports.
    • The global airports won’t conflict with custom scenery – new exclusion  technology prevents overlapping buildings.
    • Nav data has been significantly updated – lots of bug fixes are in 10.45.
    • The GPS data for the G430 now contains IAFs, so you can fly GPS approaches with proper transitions.
    • Proper prop torque for aircraft that opt in.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wish Laminar Research would change CDN provider. This tiny update would normally take less than two minutes on my fiber, but because of several "Unable to download from server Highwinds CDN" messages, it is stil not done after 15!

Certainly hope the final release is not delivered using that platform only - it will be impossible for us Europeans to get everything downloaded within a mere mortals life span.

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 12.01.33.png

On 2/1/2017 at 10:06 PM, tbrams said:

Wish Laminar Research would change CDN provider. This tiny update would normally take less than two minutes on my fiber, but because of several "Unable to download from server Highwinds CDN" messages, it is stil not done after 15!

I've never installed X-Plane outside of Steam.

There are things i like and dislike about Steam, but their content delivery is usually pretty good.

That said i usually try to avoid Steam as it seems they take a massive cut of sales, but in my case when it came time to buy XP11 it was cheaper on steam.

• Upvote 1