• PMDG Announces First X-Plane Project

Cameron

PMDG has officially announced the Douglas DC-6 as their entry product into the X-Plane simulation world.

Robert Randazzo of PMDG states:

"The PMDG Classics DC-6B is the lead off product in a new breed of products for PMDG that will bring some "old school" aviation to our product lines for Xplane, FSX and Prepar3D. This product will drop for XPlane first- but shortly after will release for FSX and Prepar3D as well- making it the first PMDG product to appear on three different simulation platforms."

A topic of discussion can be found here at X-Pilot.

The original posting from PMDG may be found on their Facebook page.

Report X-Plane Flight Sim News

User Feedback

LIKE WTF SURELY THEY COULD HAVE JUST FUCKING PORTED OVER THEIR FUCKING AWSM 737NGX INSTEAD THEY FUCKING ARE GONNA MAKE A SHIT OLD FUCK OF A DC6 WHAT THE FUCK

Share this comment

Really?  Such Neanderthal posts with the gutter language are accepted here?  I for one would be thrilled to download, pay for, a DC-6 X-Plane product.

Share this comment

PMDG is all about quality, they are consistent with every product. I dont care if it isnt my kind of plane, I buy it before it comes out the door.

Share this comment

Well its nearly 12 months since this appeared and whats happening with PMDG breaking into the X-plane market?

Mike

Edited by miked176766

Share this comment

On 12/15/2015 at 8:55 AM, Crj Fan said:

LIKE WTF SURELY THEY COULD HAVE JUST FUCKING PORTED OVER THEIR FUCKING AWSM 737NGX INSTEAD THEY FUCKING ARE GONNA MAKE A SHIT OLD FUCK OF A DC6 WHAT THE FUCK

I like the DC-6 but come on!!  WHAT ABOUT THE &^*%$# 737!!!

Share this comment

On 2/29/2016 at 11:19 PM, miked176766 said:

Well its nearly 12 months since this appeared and whats happening with PMDG breaking into the X-plane market?

Mike

NOTHING AT ALL.

Share this comment

Will we ever see it ??
    I am afraid we won`t.

They strated the project because they ware afraid of losing market and not being able to enter the P3D-scene as a commercial partner.
    These days they are making profit with products for P3D.

I think the DC6 does not have any priority anymore.

Edited by Leen de Jager

Share this comment

What makes you think so? They are definitely working on it and publish updated infos and WIP videos from time to time. The last update showing the new cargo version and improvements to the virtual flight engineer was posted one week ago:

While I'm sure the DC-6 isn't number 1 on their priority list, it's definitely under constant development and I'm sure it will hit the market.

Edited by mgeiss

Share this comment

Agree - totally looking forward to intro of the DC-6, whether an A a C or a 6B.  I worked for an airline that operated five 6B's and flew in them often.  Just a musing, passing comment: the navigator (these were LORAN days!), sat behind a radio rack just aft of the F/O.  It seems he would have been adjacent the RH forward service door that the LOWI-ramp video shows as storage site for the collapsible stairs - thus no room for the navigator.  For that matter, our 6B's didn't have self-contained, collapsible stairs.  

Beautiful detail.  Intrigued with how the FMC/nav functionality was accommodated and is modeled.  Even the thought of FD's/AP's would have been beyond the pale then ... VOR's were a recent development.

Share this comment

If you've ever flown / owned a PMDG aircraft you'd understand the pricing.  Their products are worth the money, period!

Share this comment

I really enjoy flying the DC-6 airplane!! Very impressive!! When I first bought the PMDG DC-6 I thought it was a 10 fuel version DC-6 which have a range of around 4,000 nautical miles until I found out the PMDG DC-6 is a 8 fuel tank version which have a range of around 2,500 to 2,600 nautical miles! Excellent work on the DC-6 PMDG!!

Cheers

Vincent 

Share this comment