Update X-plane 10

ROBBAN

When I update x-plane I have a message: overwrite the old file, keep the old file,overwrite every old file in this directory or keep every old file in this directory.

Which alternative should I choose to receive correct update?Which one do you recommend?

Robert

Hiya Robert,

What that means is, you can choose to keep items you've changed/modded eg : ...............

In Resources/Bitmaps/skycolors ..........You may of changed something in there, so the install is asking if you want to keep the whole folder as it is or replace with default/stock items

It also oviously lets you keep or make singlular default/stock items back

I've just done this, i have HD runways concrete grass etc etc, i just click to keep the whole folder option, that way, i don't have to redo all my items and the game/sim gets updated

Hope that makes sense

Tony

Thanks! I have modified resources/default data/earth_nav.dat,changed some vor,ils in x-plane map and I dont want to keep this data it means that when I 

choose  "overwrite every old file in this directory " data I modified will be changed to the new update?

If I check "overwrite every old file in this directory "  will this have an impact on some addons I installed before hd mesh v3 or something?

Hiya,

Yes to the first part

The second part, only if items rely on what you've modded/changed

Your best bet is to choose single option not the whole folder, that way, take a few seconds to absorb what it wants to default/update

I only mess with whole items eg : bitmaps, so no data like ILS Vor etc

As always (lol, i'm a fine one to talk) back up if you can beforehand if you're worried

Tony

ps : The HD mesh stays in you custom scenery folder, i keep a backup when i remember to hehe, but no, your mesh won't be altered as it's a kind of addon via your custom scenery folder, but, your stock airports will generally get defaulted/stocked and appear in the custom scenery folder, and i assume also the global airports

So after i stop a repair/update from overwriting my altered items, i have to remove newly created stock airports that i have replaced with downloaded ones, this is the only downside i've found to the repair/update process