Photo scenery with the 733

Hi. 

I was doing a flight from KSAN to KLAS last night on pilotedge. I had KSAN airport scenery, KLAS airport scenery and Las Vegas area photo scenery installed specially for the flight. I had been in cruise for around 15 mins and I got the message 'X-plane has stopped working' and was subsequently dumped back to the desktop.

This is the first time X-plane has crashed for me so suddenly and unexpectedly.

I am wondering if anyone else has suffered sudden crashed with the IXEG or weather I should point my finger at the photo scenery. Is photo scenery very demanding on resources?

Thanks.

Callum.

10 minutes ago, callum112233 said:

Hi. 

I was doing a flight from KSAN to KLAS last night on pilotedge. I had KSAN airport scenery, KLAS airport scenery and Las Vegas area photo scenery installed specially for the flight. I had been in cruise for around 15 mins and I got the message 'X-plane has stopped working' and was subsequently dumped back to the desktop.

This is the first time X-plane has crashed for me so suddenly and unexpectedly.

I am wondering if anyone else has suffered sudden crashed with the IXEG or weather I should point my finger at the photo scenery. Is photo scenery very demanding on resources?

Thanks.

Callum.

attaching your xplane log.txt file after the crash would be a good starting point. And yes photo scenery hits hard on resources.

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, callum112233 said:

The photo scenery for that area looks beautiful. Maybe I should reserve it for GA flying though.
Here is my log anyway.

Log.txt

Callum.

This Log.txt looks like its from an X-Plane session where X-Plane did _not_ crash out to desktop...

If you get another X-Plane crash we need you to go straight to the X-P folder and make a backup of Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt

Both of these files are over-written with fresh data every time you start X-Plane.

That said;

There is nothing that stands out in your log file this time. I have seen people having issues with w2xp scenery packs. Not sure if you have any of those.

Thanks for the report, please let us know if it happens again.

br.

• Upvote 1

I suspect it could be the KSAN scenery if you are using MisterX6's scenery. There have been  reports of users getting crashes when using this scenery, often without any hint in the log.txt. I believe that catstrator also mentioned this in his latest stream.

if you search the .org, you should be able to find some posts/info about the issue.

Edited by mgeiss