Alignment problem

7474ever

Since the new update I have been having some trouble trying to align the IRS at startup... could I be doing something wrong?

I turn the battery on, then I hook up the GPU after that I go up and move the IRS switches to NAV then I enter the airport on the POS INIT page, after all that nothing happens.

Check your hydraulic pressure too and that your parking brake is on and working. If the hyds are depleted for any reason (others have reported this) and the aircraft is moving slightly I'd guess you'd have alignment issues as well even if all appears to be well during your alignment procedure. Assuming it's modelled?

Cheers 

James

Quick thinking, James. I think we have modeled the alignment process not working when the airplane is moving. Without engines, the plane shouldn´t move much, unless the ramp is slopey. But I have also seen users that started the engines without the hyd-pumps on, and never realised the brake accumulator was depleted.

That being said, we look into improving charging of the brake accu during reboots - right now a gizmo-reboot won´t recharge it, so you would either have to run the B hydraulic pressure up, or reload the aircraft...

Jan

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2016 at 2:24 AM, Litjan said:

Quick thinking, James. I think we have modeled the alignment process not working when the airplane is moving.

Indeed.  Several times I have made the mistake of pushing back and/or taxiing and IRS align gives and error.    Ha!   Have to then turn the IRS switches and off and restart will scribbling on my notepad 100 times "I will not taxi without IRS being aligned" as punishment. :-)