[Graphics] Lightning Bug

AKSledhead

Team,

Strange issue I noticed tonight while flying in some more inclement r/w weather - the lightning creates this issue with graphics in the cockpit.

Have tried with all light settings, including as shown in the video with storm and domes lit.

Edited by AKSledhead
  • Upvote 1

Hmm, strange - can you tell me what kind of plugins you are running? Do you have add-ons, that change artwork settings (like Real Terra Haze)?

Can you try without any plugins other than Gizmo (don´t forget to reboot X-Plane!) and report back?

Thanks, Jan

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AKSledhead said:

Team,

Strange issue I noticed tonight while flying in some more inclement r/w weather - the lightning creates this issue with graphics in the cockpit.

Have tried with all light settings, including as shown in the video with storm and domes lit.

Tried to reproduce, but lightning works fine with the default X-Plane weather. Can´t fix until we get more info..

Jan

• Upvote 1

@Litjan

Funny thing, I disabled any graphical addons/plugins, and set storms to heavy and the lighting was fine, I was so excited!

But then, I set another parameter which I should have mentioned in the original post, the visibility - I set it to CAT II and the lighting issues returned.

Could you set your weather settings to what I have below and see what happens?

Joseph

0JPzq2Z.png

Edited by AKSledhead

Hi Josheph,

thanks for reproducing it - I just tried, and I see the same thing. However - I also see this effect on the default airplanes (tried with the Baron)....

SO:

1.) Don´t set weather like that (its REALLY unusual to have CAT II ops AND thunderstorms)

2.) File a bug with Laminar Research

Good luck! ^_^

Jan

• Upvote 1

Well that solved it then,  I'll send a report to Ben Supnik and see if we can get it worked out...

For now, I've tested and found that as long as the visibility is 2.0sm or above - no issues are experienced, 1.9sm and below have the bug... so strange!

Edited by AKSledhead

31 minutes ago, AKSledhead said:

Well that solved it then,  I'll send a report to Ben Supnik and see if we can get it worked out...

For now, I've tested and found that as long as the visibility is 2.0sm or above - no issues are experienced, 1.9sm and below have the bug... so strange!

That IS strange... thanks for reporting it to Ben. Nils thought it might have to do with HDR (since the lightning ups lighting values across the board, some lights may appear dimmer in relation, or such...)

Jan

18 minutes ago, Litjan said:

That IS strange... thanks for reporting it to Ben. Nils thought it might have to do with HDR (since the lightning ups lighting values across the board, some lights may appear dimmer in relation, or such...)

Jan

Yep, it does have something to do with it... just disabled HDR and all was well.

• Upvote 1