FMC CLB PAGE SPD RESTRICTION DELETING

ddguezz

Hello everyone.

I'm using v1.0.2 right now, however this bug did happen to me on previous versions also. I haven't reported before because I thought it was not happening everytime. The bug:

When my VNAV profine have any speed restriction and I want to override it, I select CLB page, push DELETE and then I push Speed Restricion LSK. Before pressing EXEC button, everything looks fine, however when I press EXEC, CLB page completely deletes and only 5 squares are shown below CRZ ALT legend on CLB page. Although I've tried to re-enter CLB altitude, nothing happens. All VNAV profile is deleted.

Thank you.

Regards,

pic1.PNG

Oh, ok - this is something we need to address. You are clearing a speed restriction that is associated to a waypoint. I am not even sure if you can do it on the CLB page on the real plane - but it should be done on the LEGs page (use DELETE) to remove the restriction associated with that waypoint.

I will talk to Tom, maybe we can allow this entry to be made on the CLB page as well, or we at least pop an INVALID DELETE.

What you are seeing is certainly a bug, so thanks for reporting that!

Jan

• Upvote 1

interesting.  Yea, the FMS is kicking into descent mode during the calculation, which is why the deviation pointer pops up and the CLB page goes blanks (as it thinks the climb phase is over).  Will look into this for sure.

-tkyler

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Happened to me as well now. Has nothing to do with a speed restriction on a specific waypoint, but i deleted the 250/10000 constraint (got a free speed from ATC) and then lost all my VNAV-data. EVen reentering a new Cruise level didnt work.

Works without a problem on a 737NG (NGX).

PS: I got my VNAV back by changing the approach (both STAR and approach).

Edited by Chrjs