uncommanded elevator and rudder movements

TrueFlite

Wondering how I can get rid of this annoying bug, the movements dont seem to affect the flight it is only a visual glitch of the elevator and rudder moving on their own.  in the beginning of the video you can see the elevator moving on its own, then  I move it up and down a few times, then it goes back to doing what it was doing before moving by itself.

edit: the bug goes away if I fly the aircraft and then reload it, but It has to be flown, reloading it alone will not fix the problem

Edited by TrueFlite

It's not the bug, it's wind )))

Elevator and Rudder are free, imho, without hydraulic running.

The Developer can add the appropriate clamps to static elements.

And Propeller caps (for prevention of props rotation from the wind) too! It's very important part of static elements was forget. But - it is the safety!!!!

Edited by head_check

Realy it is a bug and I had it too. But sometime. I will check the conditions, where it goes.

About winds - the props are rotating on the appron - that is the wind?

How much paxes and technickal stuff was killed these props in the history of our "realism is here"?

lol

21 minutes ago, TrueFlite said:

real world weather. winds were probably calm  at burbank.

The term "probably" is not something we can use for testing/debugging.

If you want to test this... set your weather to "set weather uniformly for the whole world", and then set "CAVOK".  The elevator and props will NOT move.  Note that if the props were moving prior to doing this they may need some time to spin down.

sure, this was at 2016-04-30 18:08 (EST Local) at KBUR,  i'm  -4 GMT so that is 22:08GMT and 15:08 PST (local for field)

Per the METAR , Winds 9.2 Mph Gust 16.1 Mph

Ill try doing uniform weather and set cavok

so it appears the rudder and elev are not  moving with CAVOK.  guess its not a bug, just over pronounced rudder and elevator movements from the wind? this happens in flight as well and it looks pretty funny to see the elvator flailing around at cruise.  

Edited by TrueFlite

People this is wind moving the aircraft surfaces, unless they are locked for parking.

It has been some time since my last saab flight, but if am correct, gust lock is modeled on this bird and you can lock the surfaces they will stop moving under wind while parked.

Look at the pedestal there is a wind lock lever, but you need to pull&hold the gust lock trigger first to move the lever.

Edited by mmerelles

14 minutes ago, head_check said:

With gust lock on the pedestal?

I will check it, Thank You

yes in the pedestal, but to move the lever you need to release/hold the safety trigger simultaneously.

Map any key of your liking to the saab custom command gust lock trigger, then while you keep pressing the key to hold the trigger open move the lever pulling it with the mouse.

While the gust lock is in place, throttles will be also restricted to ground operation so you do not try to takeoff having the surfaces locked ^_^

Edited by mmerelles