Jump to content
birdy.dma

Smartcopilot

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, poodster said:

My friend's plane keeps jittering when we fly. He also doesn't have clouds. Does anyone else have an issue with the slave's plane jittering?

Did you download the file without the weather? That was the problem for me too.

ZeeMuffenMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Master is on autopilot my yoke is jittering (as well as fuel gauges). About clouds - cannot say, because I use config without weather (both have FSGRW + Sundog). But when we tried config with weather once there was no sync in weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZeeMuffenMan said:

Did you download the file without the weather? That was the problem for me too.

ZeeMuffenMan

Yes, we're using the file without weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plane feels like it's lagging on the slave mode. I don't know what could be causing that. Our internet is pefect with 17ms ping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, poodster said:

The plane feels like it's lagging on the slave mode. I don't know what could be causing that. Our internet is pefect with 17ms ping.

We have the same. Master is smooth but slave always jitters/ lags plus a lot of trim action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no fps under 20 for me, but my usual copilot has a shitty pc, so maybe that is a problem. Elev trim is on a button on my stick. 

Is this latest file you added without weather? (i think thats the best option) (edit: didn't look before talking, never mind)

 

Thx for the time you put in, shared pit is really cool.

Edited by sparkie66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not facing my main computer. After a first glance, only bugs are fixed. No new feature, so no new commands or datarefs.

They is no more room for improvements without some work on the plane itself (devs side).

But it's too early. Bugs and VNAV are priority. We have to wait patiently. 

2 hours ago, ZeeMuffenMan said:

IXEG 1.0.4 Is of course now out.

Will there be an updated smarcopilot file, or is it not needed?

ZeeMuffenMan

 

Edited by birdy.dma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, birdy.dma said:

I am not facing my main computer. After a first glance, only bugs are fixed. No new feature, so no new commands or datarefs.

They is no more room for improvements without some work on the plane itself (devs side).

But it's too late. Bugs and VNAV are priority. We have to wait patiently. 

 

Hmm, just that we are trying to do shared cockpit but, it saying different data refs. Strange!

Thanks,

ZeeMuffenMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ZeeMuffenMan said:

Hmm, just that we are trying to do shared cockpit but, it saying different data refs. Strange!

Thanks,

ZeeMuffenMan

Have you the exact same smartcopilot.cfg?

May be a xjoymap.ini in one side only?

Same hotfix for both pilots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, birdy.dma said:

Have you the exact same smartcopilot.cfg?

May be a xjoymap.ini in one side only?

Same hotfix for both pilots?

We just found that it was the EGGD scenery we had gotten, super strange. At Aerosoft EGCC/Manchester and now is working all fine!

ZeemuffenMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZeeMuffenMan said:

We just found that it was the EGGD scenery we had gotten, super strange. At Aerosoft EGCC/Manchester and now is working all fine!

ZeemuffenMan

Safe travels!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad. Sorry guys, my smartco file with weather was broken. Clouds not transmitted from master to slave, as reported by a lot of crews. 

This one should work, at least with X Plane weather and NOAA plugin.

 

Smartco.zip

Edited by birdy.dma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

birdy, can you unsync squawking. Only master should be allowed to put the transponder in to charlie/on for online flying.

Other then that.. working nicely :)

Good job! *thumbs up*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GiantUnicorn said:

birdy, can you unsync squawking. Only master should be allowed to put the transponder in to charlie/on for online flying.

Other then that.. working nicely :)

Good job! *thumbs up*

It's already done.

By default, the knob is on Auto. So after take off, both will switch to charlie.

As this knob is not sync, the pilote who speak  can use Stby, Auto or On, the other one only Stby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK,

just talked to some controllers, the answer is simple: Set squawk to OFF in the PNF plane. Controller sees two planes, but no conflict because of undetermined height of PNF plane ,-)

Bassy regards
Benjamin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not happy with the Fuel used and FF.

Here is a new logic for throttles and FF (and minor tweaks of autopilot).

Now, set the same amount of fuel in each tank before the connection.

Fuel used, FF and fuel displayed on the first progress page are correct.

Smartco IXEG.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gents,

Much better.

Commands added: ixeg/733/autopilot/at_disengage (provided with the 1.0.5 hotfix), and:sim/autopilot/autothrottle_toggle .

Guards are now synchronized from master to slave. Not perfect, but better than before. Same for the door gear.

Spring loaded knobs are working properly. APU knob, the 4 GEN knobs, and the ET knob of the clock. No joy with trims knobs (Pedestal).

Smartco 1.0.5.zip

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, birdy.dma said:

Commands added: ixeg/733/autopilot/at_disengage (provided with the 1.0.5 hotfix)

Not terribly important, but FWIW, this command existed as of version 1.0, AFAIK. It definitely predates 1.0.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tried both new files with 1.0.5 and got a lot of errors, unable to connect:

 

2016-30-05 21:05:40.646 WARN  Can't find command - ixeg/733/autopilot/TOGA
2016-30-05 21:05:40.646 WARN  Can't find command - ixeg/733/misc/pilot_check_list_bug
2016-30-05 21:05:40.646 WARN  Can't find command - ixeg/733/misc/copilot_check_list_bug
2016-30-05 21:05:40.646 INFO  Found: 64 COMMANDS

2016-30-05 21:06:01.979 WARN  Can't find DataRef: ixeg/733/misc/att_emer_light_guard

2016-30-05 21:06:01.981 WARN  Can't find DataRef: ixeg/733/altimeter/baro_ing_pilot_0001_ind
2016-30-05 21:06:01.981 WARN  Can't find DataRef: ixeg/733/altimeter/baro_ing_copilot_0001_ind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, birdy.dma said:

Hi Gents,

Much better.

Commands added: ixeg/733/autopilot/at_disengage (provided with the 1.0.5 hotfix), and:sim/autopilot/autothrottle_toggle .

Guards are now synchronized from master to slave. Not perfect, but better than before. Same for the door gear.

Spring loaded knobs are working properly. APU knob, the 4 GEN knobs, and the ET knob of the clock. No joy with trims knobs (Pedestal).

Smartco 1.0.5.zip

Awesome! Love how you do it "without the weather" too. Thank you so much for your efforts!

Thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heyho, I have some problems and need some help. When I connect via slave with smartcopilot to a friend there is always a flickering sound and a flickering menu and I have always problems with all displays because nothing is turned on or a graphic bug appears on the displays. Does someone know how to fix that?

 

best regards,

Desti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×