Engine sound on takeoff

jsnapp

I am not getting that deeper growling sound that is so realistic and impressive that I am seeing in other people' videos.  Is it perhaps because I am not loading up the plane heavily enough or reving the engines up far enough before rolling?

The engine's quite a bit smaller than later CFM56 models, and it doesn't have the wide-chord fan blades that engines with the distinctive growl like the RB.211 have (those were added to the -7 on the NG) While there are bugs with the engine sounds (from my own experience) in the current model, this doesn't seem like one.

1 hour ago, Morten said:

The growl comes when the fan blade tip speed goes supersonic.  In other words, the bigger diameter N1 and and higher rpm the more growl.  On the Classic CFM56-3 it starts about N1 90%+ I think, so you will not hear it very often in real.

You always have such great and precise explanations every time I talk to you @Morten  (@Morten XPFW).   Thanks, I will check out those numbers and see what happens.   

On 4/26/2016 at 2:23 PM, Cameron said:

The growl is basically something that happens when you gun the engines TOO much. If you're hearing it, you're not flying properly. ;)

If you want to hear it, gun your throttles to 100%, but just know that's not realistic.

In this case all these guys arent flying properly, because I can find you 100 videos where you can hear saw/growl on takeoff in classic.

So yea, the saw sound needs to come on a little bit earlier. I do sounds for simulators for living (blue sky star simulations)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, camrad1983 said:

So yea, the saw sound needs to come on a little bit earlier. I do sounds for simulators for living (blue sky star simulations)

So you're telling me that a many thousand hour 737-300 rated captain, multiple first officers, and aero engineers who work on or fly the actual aircraft are flying this wrong and have provided the wrong input?

No offense, sir, but we're going to have to disagree here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No, you got me wrong. I will say that the sound environment of engines provided wrong. But I will fix that, unless IXEG does. I come to perfection when it comes to the sound, you can ask around the sim community, that's why I am really really picky about the sounds. I don't blame the IXEG, just saying that saw sound in real bird comes on a bit earlier than in the sim model. 

I should say, out of the box the sound environment came out really good and way above all previous developers, the model itself is great and has even more potential. But at the same time, sound should be improved and corrected, that's how we can better this model and not just say "stick with what you have". I say it like a real world pilot, musician and creator of payware sound environment for x-plane/p3d addons.

Edited by camrad1983
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

23 minutes ago, camrad1983 said:

No, you got me wrong. I will say that the sound environment of engines provided wrong. But I will fix that, unless IXEG does. I come to perfection when it comes to the sound, you can ask around the sim community, that's why I am really really picky about the sounds. I don't blame the IXEG, just saying that saw sound in real bird comes on a bit earlier than in the sim model. 

I should say, out of the box the sound environment came out really good and way above all previous developers, the model itself is great and has even more potential. But at the same time, sound should be improved and corrected, that's how we can better this model and not just say "stick with what you have". I say it like a real world pilot, musician and creator of payware sound environment for x-plane/p3d addons.

As a self-proclaimed sound professional for flight simulators, you should also know the air density, temperature, and more variables plays into this. You simply adding growl at some earlier stage is not going to be accurate.

What I'm telling you is you're contradicting the advice and expertise of real professionals intimate with the aircraft.

All that aside, sound is subjective. I've heard your sound packs before, so hearing you say it needs to be made better makes me drop my jaw just a little bit. ;) I could easily tell you I feel your sound packs should be improved and corrected too! :P

In the end, I ask that you please not make the IXEG forum area a promotional hotspot for some creation to place money in your pocket. We've got a ways to go yet for that!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

self-proclaimed 

In the end, I ask that you please not make the IXEG forum area a promotional hotspot for some creation to place money in your pocket. We've got a ways to go yet for that!

Yeah, yeah typical "Cameron" answer. I have notice that before in many forums how you hold a conversations. Maybe you can have a little respect when speaking with people you don't know? Screw this, I will make changes myself. 

I could easily tell you I feel your sound packs should be improved and corrected too!

And I am, correcting it and making it better. And listening to my customers that actually paid money and not asking money for my updated products (skymaxxPro v2, v3..) Wink wink.

Alright, I'm done talking on this forum. That conversation just confirmed my thoughts about your relations to customers on forum.

Edited by camrad1983
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

15 minutes ago, camrad1983 said:

Yeah, yeah typical "Cameron" answer. I have notice that before in many forums how you hold a conversations. Maybe you can have a little respect when speaking with people you don't know? Screw this, I will make changes myself. 

Were you just schooling me about professionalism with a response like this?

If you'd like to discuss some ad space please contact me. I'm sorry, but I just don't "buy" a self-proclaimed sound professional who has the obvious intention to sell sound packs to come in here and do anything but knock the sounds. It's in your better interests to do just that and pad your pockets.

As much as you want to knock me, that respect you're talking about goes both ways my friend.

15 minutes ago, camrad1983 said:

That conversation just confirmed my thoughts about your relations to customers on forum.

I've got thousands of posts here, and plenty helpful. You're 5 posts in and already have an attitude. Leave it at the doorstep next time, please.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, camrad1983 said:

Alright, I'm done talking on this forum. That conversation just confirmed my thoughts about your relations to customers on forum.

Based on my experience here, x-aviation have done a very good job with their customers. Just look in the support forums in here and facebook pages, and you will see that their relations are very good! 

• Upvote 1

Were you just schooling me about professionalism with a response like this?

If you'd like to discuss some ad space please contact me. I'm sorry, but I just don't "buy" a self-proclaimed sound professional who has the obvious intentionto sell sound packs to come in here and do anything but knock the sounds. It's in your better interests to do just that and pad your pockets.

As much as you want to knock me, that respect you're talking about goes both ways my friend

Wow... Ok, when I mentioned that:

I meant that developers can fix that or at least point me in the right direction to fix it to myself and i did not meant that I want to sell or advertise my future product here. I don't even know if I will even want to. The second sentence was a simple introduction of myself (that I'm not some random kid and actually have background in this)

That was all to it. How can I advertise product which I didn't even make? And trust me if I wanted to advertise with you like you mentioned, I would of contacted you directly.

Second, about "knocking" sounds (man, you take everything personal, don't you). Have you ever heard about criticism? And yes I can do that, I paid money for the product and have a background myself in order to make healthy criticism.

My second post was an answer to yours, where I opened a discussion and only asked IXEG to fix that part. Right away got blamed for promoting myself, my company, knocking people.

You have illusions sir. Only reason why I ever wrote on this forum is  because this is the place for support of IXEG. Is it or it is not? Support, Discussion, criticism, suggestions... You know the definitions? If there is other place to ask for support for IXEG, please post a link here, because truly speaking I have absolutely no desire of conversating with yourself.

Regards.

Edited by camrad1983
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, camrad1983 said:

I meant that developers can fix that or at least point me in the right direction to fix it to myself and i did not meant that I want to sell or advertise my future product here. I don't even know if I will even want to. The second sentence was a simple introduction of myself (that I'm not some random kid and actually have background in this)

Let me make this really simple for you. This comes from your Facebook page for your business:

"I'm 100% sure that sounds in new IXEG could be 300% better! What do you think?"

Second, about "knocking" sounds (man, you take everything personal, don't you).

No actually. I'm going to be sleeping pretty soundly tonight! :)

Have you ever heard about criticism?

I deal with it on a daily basis more than you could ever fathom.

because this is the place for support of IXEG? Is it or it is not?

There's a conflict of interest with the line of work you are in vs the posts you have decided to create here. How you can't see that is beyond my comprehension.

• Upvote 1

"I'm 100% sure that sounds in new IXEG could be 300% better! What do you think?"

I underlined the important part.

There is absolutely no conflict with any line of work. The Ixeg released, its great product, best out there, I even mentioned that the sound is the best out there out of the box. You just choosing words and taking them out of context based on your illusion.

I say again, I asked if IXEG can fix the saw sound that should come on earlier - that is all

I even gave you few proofs, I can give you more proofs how it supposed to sound.

And how my work (if I ever release a pack for IXEG) will conflict with ixeg itself? Ah? Explained to me, please. It will actually promote it even more, and you should know about this. This is what happened with JAR, Aerosoft and about to happen to Jrollon.

I will repeat for the third time here. I came here to ask IXEG to fix the saw sound, not to promote myself.

Edited by camrad1983
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, camrad1983 said:

Let me underline the more important part: "I'm 100% sure that sounds in new IXEG could be 300% better! What do you think?"

12 minutes ago, camrad1983 said:

I even gave you few proofs, I can give you more proofs how it supposed to sound.

And, I countered your proof to inform you that we do not know all conditions present in the video. This includes technical and atmospheric.

Further to that, there are real people, with real experience, and more technical know-how than you and I combined in this particular field. Their advice cannot be ignored! :)

Arguing this more is pointless. I shouldn't engage you, and we're quickly becoming fools. Close up and move along. :D

• Upvote 1