xsaitekpanels plugin configuration request

Kapitonas

Hi,

Once again and again many thanks for this peace of technology called Boeing 737 Classic. Herewith request, if some one can do that, configure xsaitekpanels ".ini" file with appropriate datarefs to made Saitek panels compatible with this aircraft.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Eduardas

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Attached is the one I'm using. It's a rather complex setup involving a custom xjoymap script and config, which Xsaitekpanels calls into. This is to provide knob acceleration, so I can spin a knob fast to quickly change its value and then slow down to fine-tune it, just like in the real aircraft. If you don't want to run the custom xjoymap, just replace the xjoymap references in the xsaitekpanels.ini file with the standard commands to change AP settings from X-Plane.

Caveats:

1. I've disabled all switchpanel buttons except for the landing gear lever. I find they don't really map that well to the real aircraft. Feel free to reenable them by adding the appropriate lines. Be careful about avionics though, it might mess with the electrics in the aircraft. Also, even if you have the avionics button disabled, you need to keep its knob in the "on" position (and cycle it when you start the sim), otherwise Xsaitekpanels won't turn on any other panel.
  2. I've remapped some positions on the multipanel for my convenience. ALT controls right CRS knob and VS controls ALT knob on the MCP.
  3. I've changed the TRIM wheel to instead change vertical speed on the MCP, as in the real aircraft.
  4. I've changed the REV button on the multipanel to engage LVL CHG, since the 737 classic doesn't have a localizer backcourse roll mode.
  5. A/T switch on the multipanel is disabled. The real MCP has this knob on a solenoid that disengages when you press A/T disengage on the throttles. Obviously this can't be done on the multipanel, so I'd rather it doesn't mess with the simulation.

ixeg 733 plugins.zip

Edited by skiselkov
added one caveat
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, skiselkov said:

Attached is the one I'm using. It's a rather complex setup involving a custom xjoymap script and config, which Xsaitekpanels calls into. This is to provide knob acceleration, so I can spin a knob fast to quickly change its value and then slow down to fine-tune it, just like in the real aircraft. If you don't want to run the custom xjoymap, just replace the xjoymap references in the xsaitekpanels.ini file with the standard commands to change AP settings from X-Plane.

Caveats:

1. I've disabled all switchpanel buttons except for the landing gear lever. I find they don't really map that well to the real aircraft. Feel free to reenable them by adding the appropriate lines. Be careful about avionics though, it might mess with the electrics in the aircraft. Also, even if you have the avionics button disabled, you need to keep its knob in the "on" position (and cycle it when you start the sim), otherwise Xsaitekpanels won't turn on any other panel.
  2. I've remapped some positions on the multipanel for my convenience. ALT controls right CRS knob and VS controls ALT knob on the MCP.
  3. I've changed the TRIM wheel to instead change vertical speed on the MCP, as in the real aircraft.
  4. I've changed the REV button on the multipanel to engage LVL CHG, since the 737 classic doesn't have a localizer backcourse roll mode.
  5. A/T switch on the multipanel is disabled. The real MCP has this knob on a solenoid that disengages when you press A/T disengage on the throttles. Obviously this can't be done on the multipanel, so I'd rather it doesn't mess with the simulation.

ixeg 733 plugins.zip

Many thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...