The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

So a quick report here, since I am unable to post at the org.   As we have said, we are targeting a 2015 release still.  We know full well we have to stop developing at some point and just put this thing out; however, we also feel there is a minimum functionality with regards to the operational model and FMS that we must attain.  It will not be 100%, but neither can it be 70%.   We are pushing for operational features that we have not seen in any product in x-plane...so it is taking a goodly amount of time to work through these issues for the first time.

The good news?   I can tell you that I have quit every other revenue producing endeavor I was working on (and there were some really good ones) to devote all my time to the 737 here until release.  I code on the FMS each day, moving forward and am very hopeful we'll have a solid functioning airplane by the end of the year for you.  The team have discussed that we would happily delay developing "fun eye candy" until after initial release if it comes to that......most important is that users get to operate the aircraft accurately, and we can always add in 'toys' later.    We have all been disappointed with simulations that have more eye candy that substance.  So while we still won't guarantee a release date,  we are putting more hours into it now as we make a run to the finish line.

-tkyler

• Upvote 15

Hi all,

So a quick report here, since I am unable to post at the org. As we have said, we are targeting a 2015 release still. We know full well we have to stop developing at some point and just put this thing out; however, we also feel there is a minimum functionality with regards to the operational model and FMS that we must attain. It will not be 100%, but neither can it be 70%. We are pushing for operational features that we have not seen in any product in x-plane...so it is taking a goodly amount of time to work through these issues for the first time.

The good news? I can tell you that I have quit every other revenue producing endeavor I was working on (and there were some really good ones) to devote all my time to the 737 here until release. I code on the FMS each day, moving forward and am very hopeful we'll have a solid functioning airplane by the end of the year for you. The team have discussed that we would happily delay developing "fun eye candy" until after initial release if it comes to that......most important is that users get to operate the aircraft accurately, and we can always add in 'toys' later. We have all been disappointed with simulations that have more eye candy that substance. So while we still won't guarantee a release date, we are putting more hours into it now as we make a run to the finish line.

-tkyler

Really nice to hear.

I'm looking forward to the release.

Edited by Jorik

Nice status update TKyler! Any chance to start seeing some videos rolling out soon?

It is not a priority at the moment.  We are totally focused on the FMS  and its quite like a bridge where the middle hasn't been built...so there isn't much to show that hasn't been shown in previous videos.  We are wrapping up the descent portion of the VNAV calculations...then we have to program up the enroute navigation to be able to get complete routes entered into the FMS.   

I think we may do one more video before release after the FMS is a bit more complete.   

Best I can do is simply show you where I sit every day, 6 days a week now in an effort to get this thing functional asap!

-tkyler

post-5-0-67039100-1446207898_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

I would like to point out to anyone who hasn´t received word about this move yet, that all information and discussion about the IXEG 737 has moved over here:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forum/169-ixeg/

All video´s can be watched here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/IXEG1

We are looking forward to your questions and contributions in the new forum - we are still excited about our aircraft, and it is slowly getting time for you to get excited, too!

Cheers, Jan