The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

How many times are people going to ask if it's free or not... :). Yes it's payware.

I know...  I guess people don't understand that XPFR's offerings aren't the norm.  You want detail, you're gonna have to pay for it.  Unfortunately, you have to wait until you're a senior citizen to see it released (Saab 340)...

Well, you have to consider the amount of work that the developers of these aircraft put in. Look at the CRJ for example......it's been in production for over two years and there still a few things to finish up.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I would just like to introduce myself, I am Jan, consultant to the IXEG team and fly the 737-300/500 for Lufthansa (for a total of about 9 years). My interest and obsession with flying and flight-simulation goes way back to the 80´s, when I started out with Sublogics FSII on the trusty C64. I have owned and flown for countless hours pretty much every flightsimulator ever published, both civil and military.

My job with the team is to make sure that the finished product will be as close to the real thing as possible within the confines of X-Plane.

The flight-model was tuned by Morten and me during the course of the winter. I can only judge flight-models and theire accuracy for aircraft I have actually flown, but this one is the best one I have ever experienced so far. That goes for both adherence to real-world performance and feel (within the possibilities of present-day input devices).

You will be flying this 733 with real-world performance values. You will have accurate pitch rates, roll rates, engine-out performance, flap effects, speedbrake effects, accurate climb and descent rates, pitch and power values, and so on.

Work continues on 3D modeling (you have all seen the shots and videos), but we also seek to implement every system behaviour possible. Just the other day we had a very lenghty discussion about getting the autobrake disengagement logic right  :)

Yes, it will be a while. Good things come to those who wait.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as best as I can.

Great to hear from you, sounds excellent, especially if it has your experienced input.

Funny, I had that same sublogic c64 sim. Talk about a slideshow! That started at Meigs Field too didn't it?

When will your plane be released? This yr? Will it be compatible with xplane 8?

Only joking, in house joke here!! It'll be out when it's out..

Funny, I had that same sublogic c64 sim. Talk about a slideshow! That started at Meigs Field too didn't it?

Yes, that was it! 2:40 loading time on the good old 1541 drive... Then hours of fun flying down to Champaign, Il (headquarters of Sublogic, iirc) with a stop at Greater Kankakee. It mostly happened inside your head  :) Great times.

When flying to KORD the first time in real life (744) it felt like "coming home". The next morning I jogged on the bank of lake Michigan to Meigs field (then still operational). I felt like crying  :'(

Very much looking forward to this release!  Could I ask a couple of questions though?  Ive never owned a copy of X-Plane, always flown MSFS (sorry if thats like swearing on here lol :)) so could you tell me what version I would have to get of x-plane?  Like I say im a newb to the x-plane software so any help would be gretly appreciated!

All the best

Rich

Very much looking forward to this release!  Could I ask a couple of questions though?  Ive never owned a copy of X-Plane, always flown MSFS (sorry if thats like swearing on here lol ;)) so could you tell me what version I would have to get of x-plane?  Like I say im a newb to the x-plane software so any help would be gretly appreciated!

All the best

Rich

Go to the store and buy the sim nomatter what version it is. If you go to the downloads section on X-Plane's website, you can download the newest update for free! Hope that helps! ;)

PS: this probably isn't the best place to ask that. Next time, start a new topic about it! :)

PS: this probably isn't the best place to ask that. Next time, start a new topic about it! :)

Think it's okay considering the guy is enthusiastic about the 737 project and it seems to be the factor that has made him look into X-Plane. :)

Welcome, bigtallman!

Think it's okay considering the guy is enthusiastic about the 737 project and it seems to be the factor that has made him look into X-Plane. ;)

Welcome, bigtallman!

I figured someone else would say it, so I thought I'd go ahead. I didn't mean it in a bad way. ;)

Welcome to the forums by the way! :)

thanks very much guys!  Yeah the reason i'll be getting x plane is just so i can run this 737 on it, know the plane inside out since its been the reason I started flying for real and having just finished my ATPL's im hoping that she could be my first jet, long shot in the current market I know but hey everyones goals are different! 

Great video on youtube of it so far, my first subscrition on there too!

Rich

thanks very much guys!  Yeah the reason i'll be getting x plane is just so i can run this 737 on it, know the plane inside out since its been the reason I started flying for real and having just finished my ATPL's im hoping that she could be my first jet, long shot in the current market I know but hey everyones goals are different! 

Great video on youtube of it so far, my first subscrition on there too!

Rich

Good to hear! You might want to wait for xplane 10, the current version is 9, and since you want xplane to fly the B737, and since they will not exactly be coming out soon (xplane 10 should be end of this year, B737 project, not sure).

Hi, Rich,

With X-Plane being as cheap as $29, I think it would actually be a good choice to get it and get acquainted to the keystrokes. It's a much different paradigm than MSFS, but a GREAT one!

We're more than happy to help you with questions, learning the ins and outs, and showing you around the world of X-Plane add-ons. It's also important to not that many sceneries CAN be converted from MSFS with a few simple clicks.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Hi, Rich,

With X-Plane being as cheap as $29, I think it would actually be a good choice to get it and get acquainted to the keystrokes. It's a much different paradigm than MSFS, but a GREAT one!

And don't forget to take some time to get used to it.  When I crossed over from MSFS, I did not like X-Plane 9 at first as it was just ... different.  But I told myself I'd give it a fair shot.  Now I love it.

Jan, thanks for the update on the 737!  It sounds like it will be a complex simulation when finished.