The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

If you want a lite version you can choose from either the FREE x737 or the FJS 732.... plenty of options already.

My views and opinions do not reflect those of IXEG. Just pointing out the freaking obvious.

*Edit: Minor typo. 373 -> 737

Not to worry! I think we all know the "freaking obvious", but whats more obvious is that you forgotten that I am requesting a basic version of the IXEG "Classic" 737. The x737 is a simulation of the NG series, and FlyJSim develops the original series. The freeware XPFW classic 737 is relatively old and I would like to buy a lite version of this plane, mainly for the exterior model and texturing. Like i said, I'm not like those people who actually uses the systems.

• Upvote 1

Not to worry! I think we all know the "freaking obvious", but whats more obvious is that you forgotten that I am requesting a basic version of the IXEG "Classic" 737. The x737 is a simulation of the NG series, and FlyJSim develops the original series. The freeware XPFW classic 737 is relatively old and I would like to buy a lite version of this plane, mainly for the exterior model and texturing. Like i said, I'm not like those people who actually uses the systems.

http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=737+classic

"mainly for the exterior model and texturing."

I would like to purchase the lite version of the IXEG 737, meaning purely eye-candy and not system-deep, this version could suit those who enjoys flying and enjoy the modelling and texturing done by the developers. something like McPhat's ATR, but I am not too fond of their texturing work.

Our main and overall focus is make the aircraft as realistic as possible.

Then release a basic fully functional v1.0 as soon as possible and in a good state so that you all can enjoy it from day one.

Then, we will start adding more "gaming" features, consider other variants/options and so on.

Mortens word is the official end of the argument.

You're going to have to wait until AFTER the release of the fully functional model before your desire is even considered.

You are the only person that I'm aware of that is after a "lite" version so I wouldn't expect much priority.

As a side note, there's a lot more to making a lite version than "just deleting a few systems".

Price point, upgrade path, division of revenue, support complications, what level of "dumbed down" do we take it to, etc.

(Go to a quality restaurant, order the mains and ask them to hold everything except the fries....)

Mortens word is the official end of the argument.

You're going to have to wait until AFTER the release of the fully functional model before your desire is even considered.

You are the only person that I'm aware of that is after a "lite" version so I wouldn't expect much priority.

As a side note, there's a lot more to making a lite version than "just deleting a few systems".

Price point, upgrade path, division of revenue, support complications, what level of "dumbed down" do we take it to, etc.

(Go to a quality restaurant, order the mains and ask them to hold everything except the fries....)

Honestly, it wasn't meant to be an argument, you seemed to view my request as a potential topic to start a debate or an argument and you would start to obnoxiously reply.

Also, in the place I live in, you have many options to choose what you want to eat in a quality restaurant, including just ordering parts of a main dish. But that's not related.

@Morten, After you completed this great project, please have a thought about releasing a lite version...good luck on the project

PeterT, we will not be providing a lite version. It takes a bit of work to do so and results in maintaining multiple versions of products.  That translates into more time maintaining and supporting and less time developing/improving.  Restaurants don't have to maintain their dishes after they are put on the table, food is "fire and forget".  

The 737 can work "fail free" and we will have a mode to start the aircraft running and ready to go, which is quite easy to fly, drop flaps, release brakes, add power, fly.  You are not required to work or understand any of the systems in any such case, just don't run out of fuel.  If we did a lite version, it would operate exactly the same.

If, however, you were hoping for a lower priced lite version, that is not going to happen.

TomK

IXEG

• Upvote 7

The 737 can work "fail free" and we will have a mode to start the aircraft running and ready to go, which is quite easy to fly, drop flaps, release brakes, add power, fly.  You are not required to work or understand any of the systems in any such case, just don't run out of fuel.  If we did a lite version, it would operate exactly the same.

The IXEG team is clearly going a long way to providing for every level of consumer, which is to be applauded, and is not surprising given the quality of work that many members of the team have been providing to the community for many years.

Honestly, it wasn't meant to be an argument, you seemed to view my request as a potential topic to start a debate or an argument and you would start to obnoxiously reply.

Also, in the place I live in, you have many options to choose what you want to eat in a quality restaurant, including just ordering parts of a main dish. But that's not related.

@Morten, After you completed this great project, please have a thought about releasing a lite version...good luck on the project

That’s Ben Russell for you! or should it be ‘Jack Russell’?

I don't agree with peoples that request lite version of any aircraft!!!

If you don't know how to handle an aircraft don't play simulators, play Microsoft Flight! A simulator is a platform for training or for hard core simmers!!

Many people uses flight simulators for enjoyment, without technically operating the aircraft addon like a real one does. Many scenery devs like me focuses on creating the scenery with little to no knowledge on operating the aircraft. Many developers created a cut down version of their ad dons, such as the majestic sim Q400 (comes in three versions).

A simulator is a platform for all aviation enthusiasts, not just "hard core simmers" and "trainers".

Finally I apologise for dragging this topic to another direction, again I wish the IXEG team best of luck in the completion of this great project.

• Upvote 1

Peter, I agree with you. Everyone enjoys different parts of a simulation like X-Plane, aviation is a huge area and there are many different things to do.

Thats why many add-ons are out there, catering to different tastes and likes. I personally would never think of getting an add-on that changes the colour of the sky or the cloudshape - I simply don´t care - I place my emphasis on different things.

We make an aircraft that caters to the more serious and realistic airliner experience. I still believe that one can enjoy our product in many different ways. Heck, you could even just look at it from the outside in chase view and still enjoy it. Is that worth the price of admission? Everyone has to decide for himself.

There are many features in our model (and the real airplane) that our users (and the real pilots) will most likely never ever see in operation or use. Examples: LGTU, PTU, Stby Hyd System, Alternate flap system, etc. I have flown the real one for ten years, and never needed any of those once. Why do we put those in our model? Because the real one has them.

We will provide a complete model with as many realistic features as technically possible. We will not finish it at 95%, just because we get tired or because of user demand. We understand that waiting for it is hard, but the history of software is full of examples where developers have caved in to the din of "release it, already, we don´t care what state it is in!!", only to find out that indeed the user does care about the state it is in ;-)

It will be worth the wait!

Jan

• Upvote 4

Can we request some liveries  :D ?

I hope that you'll have more european ones like Air Baltic,Belavia,LOT Polish airlines etc...

Of course you can always request liveries. We won´t promise anything, but Morten is putting out some really great ones, and I think he is grateful for some suggestions.

Jan

• 3 weeks later...