The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

The nose wheel tiller cannot be operated at all by the mouse unfortunately.  Most folks use a joystick or pedals to turn on the ground anyhow.  This is due to a limitation with x-plane's nose-wheel algorithm which we searched for a way around but to no avail.  The tiller is coupled to the nosewheel however and not the rudder angle so once the plane leaves the ground, the tiller will not move with the rudder.  We discussed the option of deactivating the rudder while on the ground to simulate tiller only operation but deemed it insignificant in the grand scheme. 

TomK

The nose wheel tiller cannot be operated at all by the mouse unfortunately.  Most folks use a joystick or pedals to turn on the ground anyhow.  This is due to a limitation with x-plane's nose-wheel algorithm which we searched for a way around but to no avail.  The tiller is coupled to the nosewheel however and not the rudder angle so once the plane leaves the ground, the tiller will not move with the rudder.  We discussed the option of deactivating the rudder while on the ground to simulate tiller only operation but deemed it insignificant in the grand scheme. 

TomK

Thanks for the clarification Tom.

Rhydian

That's a pity. The rotary knob on my X52's throttle would be almost ideal for the tiller...

I voted to have that initially as well. But I am totally happy with the current solution and I think that even people with an extra axis available can live with this limitation.

X-Plane has the ability to adjust nosewheel sensitive in relation to ground speed, just like modern cars do. So you can steer the wheel to maximum angle whith your pedals while going slow, but sensitivity reduces during the takeoff run so you won´t overcontrol there.

Jan

Hi!

I have a question about the Field Of View used in your videos.

This may sound strange, but one of the things i like the most in your addon is the Line of the windows top borders. It is straight compared to the monitors top border so to say. In almost every addon the windows are to high and you can never see the overhead and the glareshield at the same time. In the IXEG model i get the same feeling as when entering the cockpit of a real 737. (Yes, i am an adult but always try to get a chance to talk to the pilots or look in the cockpit when i board / get off the plane hehe), that it is very crowded and compact.

Have you altered some FOV values in the Cold and Dark Videos, or is it standard X-Plane. Because i need to know how to get EXACT that FOV as in the videos.

Edited by meshboy
  • Upvote 1

It is just standard x-plane FOV settings; however, there are view settings in Planemaker that control not only the camera position of course, but also the "tilt" of the camera up or down and we have set this value specific to our cockpit based on Jan's input.  A lot of authors do not tweak this value, but leave it default and as such, do not provide an optimal view for the aircraft they are modeling IMO.   

TomK

• Upvote 3

So Jan!

When are you landing this little badboy? No rush, i still have plenty to watch from your previous videos over and over and over and over again...

By the way, Flight Level Change on the autopilot. Is this Correct:

If you push the FLChange the aircraft will focus on maintaining the speed set and climb by pitching up/down to maintain that speed.

Instead of Vertical Climb where you set the correct VS and the aircraft dont care about speed?

What if the aircraft cant maintain the speed if you set the VS to 3000fpm and you speed is 210 and dropping? What happens?

Production on the sequels will start in a few weeks - pretty busy with development right now!

If the aircraft is in V/S and speed drops too low, first the autothrottle will engage in alpha-floor protection (flashing A) and add thrust to stop the speed decay. If this is not sufficient, the airplane will revert from V/S to FLCHG to avoid the stall.

Jan

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy holidays!

I like the idea of a lite with things that are left in development. I dont remember if you posted it here or on ixeg.net? But i really like the idea of a big log with stuff that is left to do. That way we can see how the developement goes and know maybe how much is left.

I would be extremely happy with a 2014 realease, but i think you will be able to get it out sooner than december.