The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

Both opinions are valid (Tom's and Cameron's) for their respective reasons, I think no one questions that. It is the way that they expressed their opinion, that is bad form as I see it. And probably that is also what you mean Emalice, and in those grounds I agree. 

On the other hand, we shouldn't be so sensitive to some well meant criticism :)

On topic:

Congratulations on the IXEG team for a fantastic video, waiting anxiously for the rest! Jan thanks for your patience in showing us every little thing, and also for you attention to detail, and sticking around small features as well to explain everything in depth and excite us. The immersion and work that's gone in is fantastic, and I wish you a great success upon release. 

Edited by ktomais

Well i use the Aerosoft gui to update several items at once

World Airliner 777

CJR-200

JARDesign a320neo

PFPX

And it downloads and updates just like that. No unzipping, no moving, no overwriting confirmation of sort.

Just easy..

But anyway, i revert everything i said about not buying this aircraft upon release. Just seen the two films and it blowed my mind, hell it could

Be shipped without wheels and I would bought it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. More than the monetary reward this is what is paying us back for the many hours cursing at our computer screens :D .

Tom will release the third movie tonight (lunch time US) and the fourth one tomorrow.

I already have some plans how to continue our little journey to JFK, but of course at the end the plane will be sitting completely dark on some tarmac again (hope I didn´t spoil the story by telling you the outcome ;) ).

After these videos I will start on doing the ones that accompany our written tutorials, and then I will do tutorial videos that focus on certain items in-depth.

Nils might probably start doing some more fancy "showtime!" videos as we approach release next year, like the first one we published, nice music, nice effects, an artists touch.

Jan

• Upvote 3

its certainly that smooth if you have a decent system.  I am using an older iMac i3 chip with 512 card and I can't tolerate this aircraft and busy scenery without hitting 15fps or so.   Devoid of complex scenery, I do 35fps no problem.......but 99% of that FPS hit comes from my small graphics card VRAM limitation and x-plane has to do memory swaps with hardware, which is death to performance.  Most video cards now exceed 1GB easily and everybody with 1GB card seems to do very well.  I've seen it run on a 2GB card and just absolutely fly with everything cranked up.

We have really worked hard to optimize this thing and for all that you get, I think it runs very very well.   The video has been "processed" color and pixel sharpeness wise...twice.  Once by the video editing software and again by YouTube....the quality we see on the screens is represented in our screenshots and not on these videos.

3 of 4 online at 18:00 GMT today.

TomK

• Upvote 1