The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

Reminds me watching PMDG 737NGX pre-release cockpit introduction video. Only now i'm excited even more :)

This is going to be the first real XP study sim that you can fly RNAV routes with***.

Outstanding achievement, guys. Simply can't wait.

:wub:

*** Pity LES didn't implement any proper GPS/FMS on the Saab, as it's pretty unrealistic to fly without RNAV equipment nowadays (at least here in Europe).

Edited by niebieski

We are going with navigraph data...so subscribers get whatever they give. We will look at moving to Aerosoft's format in the future though as we feel this is a more robust dataset better suited to the future needs of flight simmers.

TomKyler

IXEG

I would not buy this aircraft until it is Aerosoft compatible, navigraph data sucks in comparasing and are way smaller

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would not buy this aircraft until it is Aerosoft compatible, navigraph data sucks in comparasing and are way smaller

X-Plane data sucks.

Anything more and you're just being ridiculous at that point. Aerosoft is no doubt better than Navigraph, but to prevent yourself from purchasing quite literally the most advanced simulation I have seen for any sim over *that* is ridiculous. :)

Amazing! That video was almost to much to take! I have no words! SOOOO GOOOOOOD in every aspect! 

Looks like twice the systems and texture details/cockpit layout detail than the pmdg ngx! And with a CABIN as well! 

DONT sell this aircraft under 150$-200$ range. This is the best i have ever seen in ANY SIM!

We need IXEG to continue to deliver this type of study-sim aircraft in the future also!

Holy moses!

I would still buy this aircraft even if i had to write the navdata myself in notepad! =)

Edited by meshboy

You know what I liked the most? Trust me on this, it was reeeally hard for me to single this out, but the few times I saw the effect, I grinned. It was the way the needles on those gauges moved. I remember reading about how you guys were incorporating the weight and inertia of the needles into the modeling, but seeing it in action is just uncanny. Really, really can't wait to fly this!

• Upvote 1

This is totally AWESOME !!! I honestly think this is better than the Pmdg NGX. Can't wait.

I Totally agree!

The NGX is a masterpieace! But it looks "Flat" against the IXEG 737. 

Jan, congratulations for the content in the video. I think it was the best topic to select. You should rename it to:

Reeeeeaaally COLD and Veeeery Dark! hehe

Unfortunately, the Aerosoft data wasn't available when we started programming the FMS and the route building code is the nastiest code in the project so reworking it to Aerosoft will not be an overnight thing.  We will; however, look into it very soon after release.   It might be easier to code with he Aerosoft format, we'll see.

The next video, part 2 of 4...we will release some time between 18:00 and 19:00 GMT today.....and it gets better!

Tom Kyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane data sucks.

Anything more and you're just being ridiculous at that point. Aerosoft is no doubt better than Navigraph, but to prevent yourself from purchasing quite literally the most advanced simulation I have seen for any sim over *that* is ridiculous. :)

Do not see the ridiculous about waiting, i am in no hurry to buy this plane. So if there are some truth to Tom's feedback the wait for Aerosoft navdata will be worth while.

Aerooft nav database has a one click install function making it the best gui and i do believe it is more acurate and larger.

Do not see the ridiculous about waiting, i am in no hurry to buy this plane. So if there are some truth to Tom's feedback the wait for Aerosoft navdata will be worth while.

Aerooft nav database has a one click install function making it the best gui and i do believe it is more acurate and larger.

Tom K. is neither committing nor denying implementing Aerosoft. All he is committing to is looking into the feasibility of it.

That said, I'm genuinely curious...if it never gets implemented and remains Navigraph, will you really never buy it?

X-Plane data sucks.

If I may, it has been X-aviation's policy so far to never release a product before it was as perfect as technically possible. I even know of a project that was set back 6 months if not more because it did not meet expected standards (yes, Tom, I am looking at you). And that is entirely to your credit. 

Now, how can you call it ridiculous when a user decides to wait for a product to meet his own standards before buying it ? We, x-aviation customers, have been trained to being patient. As a result, don't be surprised if we don't rush into buying something.

That being said, many congratulations to ixeg for the fantastic job. I am not too picky about nav data so it is a sure thing that I for one will buy this one upon release.

• Upvote 1

Now, how can you call it ridiculous when a user decides to wait for a product to meet his own standards before buying it ? We, x-aviation customers, have been trained to being patient. As a result, don't be surprised if we don't rush into buying something.

I, in no way shape or form, represent IXEG. I have no clue where this product is bound for release or distribution. Tom is one of many individuals working on this project, which I have nothing to do with.

Being patient is not what's in question, and if you took the time to read what I said, I would hope you would realize that I question one's choice to not purchase an add-on they clearly think is so good solely based on the premise that it contains one navigation dataset (which is leap years ahead that of XP, and is used by tons of MSFS products) over another like Aerosoft (which happens to be really quite new).

Considering my non-association to this product, I am simply stating my opinion. Perhaps you need to read my followup response.

I read your post carefully, and I also read all the subsequent ones, as I always do before I write something myself. Please do not ever question my honesty again, thank you.

I really couldn't care less about your association with ixeg, or lack thereof. All I know is that you called "ridiculous" an attitude that you yourself have donned so many times (and for good reasons, that is not in question here). I was merely pointing out a contradiction that seems weird coming from you. If anything you should be congratulating Tom Knudsen for his integrity :-)

Being patient is not what's in question, and if you took the time to read what I said, I would hope you would realize that I question one's choice to not purchase an add-on they clearly think is so good solely based on the premise that it contains one navigation dataset [...] over another [...]

As I said, you are questioning a person's choice to buy one version of a product that does not meet his expectations over having the patience to wait for a version he'd prefer, even though that version is still hypothetical.

• Upvote 2

I didn't question your honesty. I questioned whether you read subsequent posts; something you declined to quote.

As for association and your caring about it, it seems to me that you have some form of care as you tried to roll up your argument with labeling X-Aviation customers being conditioned to patience. This is why you received the response you got with regards to association, and furthermore, it's unfair of you to roll anyone other than yourself in as an X-Aviation customer based on assumption. I would easily assume you to not know who is or is not such a customer at all times. This forums' reach often times extends beyond that of XA customers.

I do find it ridiculous that Tom Knudsen would decline to purchase a product over something like nav data which is far more advanced and very capable compared to what already exists in X-Plane. There's no contradiction going on. I'm not questioning patience, I'm questioning whether Tom Knudsen would really follow through with not purchasing something if Aerosoft data never comes to fruition. Quite probable, and valid.

You're in here blabbering your dismay on me, and likewise I'm in here questioning an individual's response with what I honestly feel is rather ridiculous and have no problem saying as my own opinion.

I'm truly interested in still hearing Tom Knudsen's response to this. As for the personal chatter you and I have going, it's really not fair to IXEG and I suggest that should you wish to further discuss it we take it to PM.

Until then, back on topic, and congratulations to IXEG for another awesome demonstration in video 2! :)

• Upvote 1