The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

Awesome!

Finally a great plane for hardcore airliner simulation people in XP.

I would love to beta-test it (even if i had to pay for it first). I've been tester for FS9/FSX planes, sceneries and the best known weather app (ActiveSky). Can't wait to fly something comparable to PMDG in XP.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom, Tom, Tom...

first rule to learn as an aspiring airline pilot - when kids visit the cockpit (no offense, Meshboy! ;-) ) - ALWAYS turn on the "light test" for the "christmas tree show"!

;-)

I am no kid, but it sure worked for me as an adult! hehe

These pictures are amazing, the "night mood" is really there. I think this is X-Planes strongest point (and Ixeg). the "non-cartoonish" look and the nice lighting.

I think this cockpit is the best i have ever seen in any simulator period!

Tom: i knew the sugar would work! =)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

the last weeks have been more busy than ever - we are grinding through that big heap of coding mess called the FMS - flight management system. At it´s core is the FMC, and we know that this piece of hardware is very important to all of you. And it should be, because it is an integral part of "managing" your flight.

While the FMS does more than just providing a nice curved magenta line to follow, this is propably the visually most appealing aspect. Therefore we want to share some of the pics we are getting during this stage of development. When we draw closer to release, we will get you more frequent updates and the occasional video.

post-3933-0-65624600-1345201987_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-81744900-1345201999_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-85971500-1345202013_thumb.jp

We have chosen these departures because they are quite complex - with a lot of conditional waypoints that are not simply a combination of latitude and longitude. If you look at the the DEGES1W departure in LSZH, the conventional description calls for a straight segment until you hit 2.1 DME from KLO. The FMS calculates this waypoint in dependence on the KLO VOR - it knows where KLO is, where the runway is and what the initial track will be - now it needs to find the point where this track intersects the 2.1DME "ring" around KLO. This is SO not trivial... Then it get´s worse. Turn left on a certain track to intercept the 255 radial. How large is your turn radius? How much do you need to lead the turn onto the radial? Where is the radial?

Thank god I only fly those things ;-)

Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 1

Impressive as always! :)

Jan, if you have the time, can you help me explain what airways are?

I know the basics about the SID, Star and navigation points like NDB and VOR but i dont know what an airway is.

On the FMC page VIA - TO i can manually enter waypoints/route. I Define a route being the navigation way that you add a SID and a star to complete.

But what does the VIA and TO columns stand for?

is VIA always a NDB,VOR and TO always an airway?

Is an airway the distance between example two VORs?

When this baby comes out i will try to enter all the info manually when it is fun to use the FMS when you have this features on the IXEG aircraft.

once again, very very impressive screenshots!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

we are still deep into the FMS and it´s implementation - but we feel that we are over the hump and will have this section wrapped up within a few weeks.

Tom, who is in charge of generating the lateral navigation (LNAV), has posted a new blog over at our website:

http://www.ixeg.net/...ve-lnav-routing

I just want to share this screenshot I took yesterday night when testing the path-drawing algorithm on an approach to EDDV (Hannover, Germany). It shows me coming in from the north towards the Celle NDB (CEL), followed by the RNAV transition to runway 27R.

post-3933-0-15513500-1346736343_thumb.jp

I named the screenshot "Childrenofthemagenta" as a reference to the excellent video that was linked to in THIS post by Andy Goldstein. This guy has it perfectly straight:

http://forums.x-plan...11

Jan

• Upvote 1