Jetmax throttle

3rdwatch

• 2 weeks later...
On 25 de abril de 2016 at 0:20 AM, 3rdwatch said:

Does anyone know a good setting for the fuel cutoff levers. The best I can do is set them to mixture rich. This works for engine start but when I move them to cutoff I have to also move them in the 3d cockpit.

My throttle quadrant has no fuel cutoff levers, but two on/off switches instead. I have them working. Before i try to help you let me ask you a few questions to understand about the jetmax tqm module i do not know anything about it.

do you use any jetmax proprietary app/plugin for xplane to recognize the hardware?

how xplane see your fuelcutoff levers? buttons or axis?

do you run flywithlua for real terra haze or any other purpose?

7 hours ago, 3rdwatch said:

The JETmax throttle does not require any software. Xplane recognizes the fuel cut off as a button. So when placed in the "idle" position it show a button press.Yes i run flywithlua

Ok great if being a button we are spot on. Go to xplane joystick & assignments - button adv tab and:

Assign left cutoff button to "engines/mixture up a bit for engine #1"

Assign right cutoff button to "engines/mixture up a bit for engine #2"

You are done.

Go back to the cockpit and flip the levers up&down to confirm.

• Upvote 1

Hey I appreciate the help that is what I have it set at. The problem is when I move them to cutoff there is no button. I have to move the lever to cutoff on my throttle and then enter the 3d cockpit and move the lever to cutoff to shut down.

On 4 de mayo de 2016 at 2:01 PM, 3rdwatch said:

Hey I appreciate the help that is what I have it set at. The problem is when I move them to cutoff there is no button. I have to move the lever to cutoff on my throttle and then enter the 3d cockpit and move the lever to cutoff to shut down.

i can provide you a simple lua script to handle fuel levers. But i have to be sure i am understanding how your jetmax handlers are recognized.

Under jjoystick & assignment, button adv - tab

Recognized as switch

When you toggle the handler up to idle, a button press displays and it stays. I mean it keeps displaying like something went to ON

When you toggle the handler down to cutoff button representation on the display turns off.

Recognized as a button

When you toggle the handler up to idle, a button press displays and goes away (a blink)

When you toggle the handler down to idle, a button press displays and goes away (another blink)

during those blinks the button identifier for IDLE and CUTOFF is the same or different?

Thanks for helping with this.

They seem to work like this

Recognized as switch

When you toggle the handler up to idle, a button press displays and it stays. I mean it keeps displaying like something went to ON

When you toggle the handler down to cutoff button representation on the display turns off.

Here is a pic of the switches at idle and cutoff

idle.jpg

cutoff.jpg

ok @3rdwatch here you go...

put the attached script into your /xplane 10/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/scripts/ folder. Launch xplane and test.

Comments:

The script will run single time everytime you load a new aircraft, if it senses you are loading the 737-300 it will set the handlers accordingly.

As per your screen capture 128 is the ID for handler engine 2 so i would assume 127 for handler engine 1. Lua is -1 so i put 126 & 127 on the script

Lua is very powerfull if the script works for you and you are happy, you can use lua to sense what aircraft you are loading and based on that set on a per aircraft basis your axis, nullzones, sensivities, buttons, keys, custom mappings, anything. So you do not have to reasign manually every time you load a different bird.

Let me know how it works

joystick.lua

• Upvote 1

Well I was really hoping it would work. Just to make sure the file goes in the flywithlua/scripts folder. Also do the fuel lever buttons need to be unassigned? The jetmax throttle is plug and play so it's not a very complex unit. X-plane doesn't seem to read it any different than by saitek throttle.

i do not know what is going on here with the jetmax. I made many scripts for switches, buttons, axis and they always worked flawlessly for others and myself. I am also as of now running my lua script for the ixeg 737 with no issues.

-yes, the script goes to FlyWithLua/Scripts folder

-It shouldn't be necessary to unassign them first, but you can try, nothing to loose.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. For the life of me I can't figure out why it wont work. You even have me reading the Flywithlua documents. It does disable the cutoff in the virtual cockpit so something is being read I just don't know what. Again thanks for all the help.

Edited by 3rdwatch

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2016 at 7:41 AM, 3rdwatch said:

I really do appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. For the life of me I can't figure out why it wont work. You even have me reading the Flywithlua documents. It does disable the cutoff in the virtual cockpit so something is being read I just don't know what. Again thanks for all the help.

Hi 3rdwatch,

Did you manage to get this working?

On 7/13/2016 at 4:06 AM, 3rdwatch said:

Nope never did. I have to set it to increase mixture, So they work at start up but I shut down I still have to move them then click the shut off in my 3d cockpit

I wrote a small Lua script which might do the trick... I tested it on a Saitek Throttle quadrant with normal push buttons as well as the toggle buttons beneath the levers... you can decide which ones you want to map inside X-Plane. Let me know if you would like to test it.