Loud Pack Sound Temperary fix/ adjustment

poodster

Hello all,

I noticed some of you guys, including me, have found the packs to be very loud. An easy way to temperarly adjust this to your liking, while IXEG fixes/ adjusts the sounds, is to get a program that can adjust db's (decibels) of audio (I use audacity) and lower the sound to your preference. Go to your IXEG aircraft folder, sounds, custom, and aircond_noise.wav. This is the file you want to manipulate. Once you lower it to your liking, put it back in the custom sound folder, and replace the old one. (I'd recommend making a backup of your old aircond_noise.wav file just incase)

I personally lowered it about 15 decibels and I find it sounds much better. I can hear the knobs and engines at cruise and full power. 

Hope this helps!

Happy landings!

Edited by poodster
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thank you very much, I noticed aswell the wind sound is very loud, getting a tiredness of the sound. Other sounds seems to be muffled by this and disappear or hard to hear. I noticed there are two sliders for sound, cockpit and master, but I do not know which sounds these affect, I've not noticed any difference between them. I confess I do not know how a cockpit sounds when flying in the air, but it feels something is wrong.

Edited by Vantskruv
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Vantskruv said:

Thank you very much, I noticed aswell the wind sound is very loud, getting a tiredness of the sound. Other sounds seems to be muffled by this and disappear or hard to hear. I noticed there are to sliders for sound, cockpit and master, but I do not know which sounds these affect, I've have not noticed any difference between them. I confess I do not how a cockpit sounds when flying in the air, but it feels something is wrong.

Yea you are right. The air sounds are too loud. I did a flight recently with the air sound fixed and it sounds very nice! Engine roar is perfect on takeoff and cruise sounds like the real plane. 

I think Jan said somewhere that they are gonna fix the sounds (Maybe sliders but idk anything about those) . 

I have to say that if I remember correctly this was also the case in a full motion level-D 733 sim I was in some time ago. I can't provide proof or anything now. Just basing this on vague memory, but I think it is supposed to be quite loud. Then again, could be wrong.

This static like wind noise is inducing tiredness when loud. Same or even more so with inverter noise (but that is not really relevant now, but that high pitch noise is VERY tiring when working on a powered a/c for a while. Our college F-16A is the worst in the hangar I think). I do encounter the same tiring effect on other a/c. It's just that kind of radio static sound that makes you tired.

8 hours ago, Vantskruv said:

Did you decrease that sound with 15 decibel aswell? And, to be sure, which file is it may I ask?

aircond_noise.wav is the file to adjust. 

You can adjust it any way you want, but I find decreasing it by 10 to 15 decibels is a good sweet spot. 

Yes, guys...the sounds are indeed loud in real life.

I would strongly discourage altering files in this manner. If we make code only patches you are surely going to mess things up for yourself once updates are out. This is NOT going to be updated in the same manner we have done in the past with full re-downloads all the time.

Again: I strongly discourage altering any files. You will almost assuredly mess your install up for future updates.

• Upvote 2

I second Cameron´s advice... we hear your complaint with the noise level - I hate to say it, but I feel it is spot on, especially in being really bothersome :D. And engines are NOT the most prevalent sounds in a jetliner cockpit, I know that most users (sitting in the passenger cabin) have a different experience...Maybe some other 737 pilots can join in on the discussion and share their view?

Currently the sound-level sliders aren´t working very well - the "cockpit" slider is also reducing the engines sound - we will fix this.

So soon you can turn down cockpit sounds, while retaining loud engines. We are discussing making "realistic AC-noise" an option, so you can turn that lower if you need to keep the noise down in your house...

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 4

I second Cameron´s advice... we hear your complaint with the noise level - I hate to say it, but I feel it is spot on, especially in being really bothersome [emoji3]. And engines are NOT the most prevalent sounds in a jetliner cockpit, I know that most users (sitting in the passenger cabin) have a different experience...Maybe some other 737 pilots can join in on the discussion and share their view?

Currently the sound-level sliders aren´t working very well - the "cockpit" slider is also reducing the engines sound - we will fix this.

So soon you can turn down cockpit sounds, while retaining loud engines. We are discussing making "realistic AC-noise" an option, so you can turn that lower if you need to keep the noise down in your house...

Cheers, Jan

I have a pilot friend who jump seats all the time, he mentioned the other day that the 737 flight deck is extremely loud especially when compared to an A320.

4 hours ago, Litjan said:
I second Cameron´s advice... we hear your complaint with the noise level - I hate to say it, but I feel it is spot on, especially in being really bothersome [emoji3]. And engines are NOT the most prevalent sounds in a jetliner cockpit, I know that most users (sitting in the passenger cabin) have a different experience...Maybe some other 737 pilots can join in on the discussion and share their view?

Cheers, Jan

They can then increase the trim wheel servo motor sound then, we can barely hear it. It was perfect in your crosswind video :)

Edited by cmbaviator
word sound missing
  • Upvote 2

On 4/25/2016 at 0:25 PM, Litjan said:

I second Cameron´s advice... we hear your complaint with the noise level - I hate to say it, but I feel it is spot on, especially in being really bothersome :D. And engines are NOT the most prevalent sounds in a jetliner cockpit, I know that most users (sitting in the passenger cabin) have a different experience...Maybe some other 737 pilots can join in on the discussion and share their view?

Cheers, Jan

I'm inclined to agree about the loudness, but I'm definitely experiencing a bug (along with other users, apparently), even without XPUIPC and Ground Handling - the engines just aren't audible at all, but when I go back and watch the replay from the cockpit view I can definitely hear them spooling up and down with the thrust I command.

Please, please, please do not change the sound @Litjan I´ve flown a couple of times in a real classic and the sound level of the wind and the packs are perfectly realistic. If someone does´nt like the sound, they can just turn it down.

Pls don´t start giving up realism because some ppl who never flew this one as a passenger in real life are complaigning. 

you should´nt even change the Ground behaviour ( Tiller ), but u did, because a few were complaigning. 

pls let it be as realistic to the real one as possible.

Edited by HerrSchwarz
  • Upvote 2

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Vantskruv said:

And can you set the default settings to be the most realistic (so I do not screw up everything, as I usually do... ;) )?

Second that! I am not a fan of these unrealistic adjustments. Any day now you guys will be adding a button to set the barometric pressure, fsx style ;)

Jan, plz resist, don't give in! ;)

• Upvote 2