Aircraft sliding on the ground in light wind

tri2322

This issue happened to me once as well. Brakes didn´t seem to work either (tried using the autobrake on landing, manual brake and parking brake). This happened both in wet and dry conditions. It was either at CYYQ or CYPX if you want to replicate it (don´t quite remember) with some airport scenery from X-Plane.org. Runway follows terrain contours was set to on.

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

And disable all plugins before you try this as well... thanks for reporting back! I have tried in winds of 40 gusting 50 and the plane didnt move one bit for me (on a dry runway)

Jan

With no electrical power and the parking brakes on the aircraft slides with crosswinds of 20 knots. With the APU on the the hydraulic pumps on it holds still. So it appears to be user error in my case

Please check the pressure in the accumulator - it is this gauge:

accumulator.jpg

If this is depleted (by pressing the brake pedals with no hydraulic supply running), the parking brake will not work anymore (just like in the real aircraft)

Please be aware that the top indicator works only if the battery is on - the lower one (not relevant in this case) also needs AC power to work...

Jan

Edited by Litjan

I have tested this and see the same as Jan.

With the park brake set and handbrake pressure above 1000 psi the aircraft does not move with 50knot side wind. If you pump the brakes with no AC power to replenish the pressure there is a point around 1000psi when the brakes release and the aircraft weather cocks with the wind. As soon as you turn on the hydraulic pump ( I think No2) the system replenishes and holds firm again.

Hope this helps

Tony

I have just opened my last xplane situation and found my aircraft sliding in the wind. Very funny as I just posted about it!

Well it seems as the aircraft is loaded the HYD Brake Pressure is set to zero. Which means no park brakes applied and so the aircraft turns into the wind. As the aircraft is moving I am unable to access Ground Services to add ground power to add hydraulic power to replenish the HYD Brake Accumulator!

So maybe the HYD Brake Pressure needs to be checked to see if it is getting set to Zero somewhere.

Hope this helps

Tony

Edited by sirtopper
Just noticed...

Yes I had to learn to turn on the hydraulic pumps right away after starting engines or else we would be going for a wild ride even with the parking break set.   Glad my car doesn't need a hydraulic system for the parking brake to work. :-p

Edited by jsnapp

Well, if you followed procedures, your hyd pumps should be all on LOOOONG before starting any engines ;-)

I checked with Tom, and he said that the accu initializes with 3000psi (full load). You may deplete it doing various stuff (pumping brakes) and it will likely not refill when you repos the plane - do a full gizmo reboot to recharge it.

Good luck, Jan