Another Thankyou for an amazing aircraft!

Scandi426

Wow!

I have been simming since mid 80s, and all these years I have dreamt of a desktop experience as immersive and realistic as this!

Thankyou! You are about to define a totally new level of standard to the community, this release will be the "milestone of the decade" !

Not surprised, there is some premature behaviour, - after all its giant a piece of software fresh from the mill. But you seem to be well prepared and put all effort into solving the various issues. What a fantastic team!

As for now - I am more than happy and thrilled just getting to know the aircraft, doing startups and taxiing while listening to the incredible soundwork and feeling the insanse realistic movement of the model. It really does remind me of the real thing.

If attachments could be physical, you´d be catching cold beers and champagne out of your computers. Congratulations! :D

• Upvote 7

Notwithstanding the dedication of the IXEG team to their quality product and their effort to make sure the faults and bugs are fixed quickly, this is a $75 product that out of the box is not fit for the purpose. If it was a digital radio or a television that was purchased at the electronics store on Saturday morning and one found that certain local radio stations or national TV stations were not available on it due to a software problem then I am sure the vast majority of purchasers would have been back on Saturday afternoon demanding a refund.

I have  stood back from purchasing the B733 classic as I expected a few clitches but I think there are far too many for a product that is $75 and has been beta tested. Hopefully the fixes will appear real soon and the forums will be full of satisfied and content simmers who are reporting that this is the best ever for X-Plane. Then I will be there with my credit card, hopefully I will get more US$ for my British Pound.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, miked176766 said:

Notwithstanding the dedication of the IXEG team to their quality product and their effort to make sure the faults and bugs are fixed quickly, this is a $75 product that out of the box is not fit for the purpose. If it was a digital radio or a television that was purchased at the electronics store on Saturday morning and one found that certain local radio stations or national TV stations were not available on it due to a software problem then I am sure the vast majority of purchasers would have been back on Saturday afternoon demanding a refund.

I have  stood back from purchasing the B733 classic as I expected a few clitches but I think there are far too many for a product that is $75 and has been beta tested. Hopefully the fixes will appear real soon and the forums will be full of satisfied and content simmers who are reporting that this is the best ever for X-Plane. Then I will be there with my credit card, hopefully I will get more US$ for my British Pound.

I do agree to your sentiments. One should honestly expect a fully working product given the prize they are asking. On the other hand, this is software and unlike your digital radio og television it will react diifferent to the environment it is forced to interact with. Many of the bugs being reported spawn from conflicting software like plug-ins. Others are sperhaps hortcomings or not-yet-finished code and modules. Should they rather have waited and postponed the release?

I dont think so. The real beta-testing is right now. Unfortunately.. The massive feedback IXEG now is provided with is crucial to understand how the software is doing on a mass scale. I am sure they will work even harder solving the major issues, and then push on to tie all loose ends.

Hopefully, they will reach that target pretty soon :)

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, miked176766 said:

Absolutely Agree! Hard to believe that they had a Beta going on for a Year, which they stated. I am very disapointed tbh. Some Bugs which are happening right now just can not appear if they would have tested it about a year. The Cabin temp droping to 0 °C on longer flights, Duct overheat, and stuff like that. Did the Beta team only starts and landing or what? I can not believe that this has´nt draw some Beta testers Attention. 

6 Years.. i dont know.. Yes it has a ton of features, but a ton of them are simply not working as intended. So under the line its a disapointment and i hope they´ll gonna fix asap. Which i think they are working on. But you´ll never forget these first three days, when this was far from being a stable Simulation. sadly. :-(

Hoping for the best now.

Edited by HerrSchwarz
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Scandi426 said:

Wow!

I have been simming since mid 80s, and all these years I have dreamt of a desktop experience as immersive and realistic as this!

Thankyou! You are about to define a totally new level of standard to the community, this release will be the "milestone of the decade" !

Not surprised, there is some premature behaviour, - after all its giant a piece of software fresh from the mill. But you seem to be well prepared and put all effort into solving the various issues. What a fantastic team!

As for now - I am more than happy and thrilled just getting to know the aircraft, doing startups and taxiing while listening to the incredible soundwork and feeling the insanse realistic movement of the model. It really does remind me of the real thing.

If attachments could be physical, you´d be catching cold beers and champagne out of your computers. Congratulations! :D

Agreed - I've been flying this whenever time has permitted this weekend - still giddy as a kid at christmas!   Congratulations on this IXEG, it is hands down the most immersive simulation I own across the two platforms. 

Sorry to see that your thank you thread has been invaded by people that haven't yet experienced this - if there was a gift option on the x-aviation site I would be tempted to send them copies so they can see what we mean!!  :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, miked176766 said:

I have  stood back from purchasing the B733 classic as I expected a few clitches but I think there are far too many for a product that is $75 and has been beta tested.

Not trying to take sides, but think about it.

It "has" been tested by few people. It's nowhere near being tested by hundreds. For example, people report CTD crashes while I didn't have a single one yet. At some point in the software's life you need to decide that releasing it will be more beneficial than trying to catch every single issue with just few people.

If they didn't release it yet trying to do so, I assume we wouldn't see this plane released anytime in the near future. Now, there are tons of reports by people and the developers can start fixing them quickly and swiftly. 

But sure, from the customer standpoint, you obviously want flawless performance. Well, to me, it has already paid for itself during the time I used it during the weekend. For me it works almost flawlessly, probably even better now since the XPUIPC has been fixed. 

• Upvote 3

First flight I did get several Gizmo CTD:s. Second flight more CTD:s, even the AP did not work (even heading mode did not work). Just for that I did reboot the airplane in air and started it up while loosing altitude. :)

I didn't expect it to be this fragile. I don't know why IXEG decided not to release an open alpha or beta to really get the bugs filtered out. People expect otherwise an almost failsafe simulation of the aircraft.

Oh well, IXEG will iron out the bugs, but I guess it will take time. I whish IXEG all the luck.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Vantskruv said:

First flight I did get several Gizmo CTD:s. Second flight more CTD:s, even the AP did not work (even heading mode did not work). Just for that I did reboot the airplane in air and started it up while loosing altitude. :)

I didn't expect it to be this fragile. I don't know why IXEG decided not to release an open alpha or beta to really get the bugs filtered out. People expect otherwise an almost failsafe simulation of the aircraft.

Oh well, IXEG will iron out the bugs, but I guess it will take time. I whish IXEG all the luck.

I just checked through your posts and I can't find any other issues where you're reporting any of this, or any Log files to help diagnose it.

You have a couple of posts referring to sound and other "minor" items.

If you genuinely have issues as serious as these I cannot fix them without your error data and more detailed reporting.

• Upvote 1

I have had no issues. A couple of tech failures, but I haven't checked to see if random failures is on. Was a nice challenge anyways.

I want to thank the IXEG team as well. The attention to detail is fenominal.  Great to see the coffee bouncing about in the cup! :DI love coffee.
The master caution annunciator looking kind of loose is great as well. Very dynamic.
Plus, the controls finally move along with the A/P (other a/c look so static). The engines take a lovely long time to spool down.
The sound is fenominal! Really immersive.   I was parked, with the cockpit windows open, messing about with the CDU, and noticed something about the sound changing. Turned out that something indeed changed in my right bleed air system. Can't remember exactly what it was but the air was going right overboard (isln valve closed). So yeah. That's what I heard. :D  oooh and and the CFMs look great as well! I was quite amazed to see through the spinning fan.

The click n drag is nicely tuned, the pop up menu works great, checklist is in the right place for me to quickly grab.
Flight dynamics are awesome.

I could go on for thousands more words trying to describe how nicely immersive this 733 is.
Even though I noticed some people are reporting issues. Some of them, IMO, unreasonable, taking the complexity of this product into account. I think you guys did a brilliant job.

Thanks! I'm a total fan.

Edited by LPNils
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

I just checked through your posts and I can't find any other issues where you're reporting any of this, or any Log files to help diagnose it.

You have a couple of posts referring to sound and other "minor" items.

If you genuinely have issues as serious as these I cannot fix them without your error data and more detailed reporting.

I was not prepared for CTD:s with a following error reporting, and therefore not able to give a good report. Also, as it was the first time of flying and having several CTD:s, I just wanted to fly and get the feeling of workings in the aircraft.

About the sound, I read somewhere else that Litjan responded about the subject, so I guess you know already about it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LPNils said:

I want to thank the IXEG team as well. The attention to detail is fenominal.  Great to see the coffee bouncing about in the cup! :DI love coffee.

What!? Is their a coffee in the cockpit? I need to fire her up again.

Anyway, as this is a thanks thread, I just want to give BIG THANKS to IXEG for a great aircraft, even though there is some quirks here and there. :)

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Vantskruv said:

What!? Is their a coffee in the cockpit? I need to fire her up again.

Anyway, as this is a thanks thread, I just want to give BIG THANKS to IXEG for a great aircraft, even though there is some quirks here and there. :)

Yeah, Next to the pedestal. Grab it when it's still hot & fresh. ;)

If the lighting is just right you can see it happen when the a/c is moving about a bit. Great for spotting turbulence when not looking towards the instruments. :lol:

2016-04-25 12.50.48.jpg

Cheers!  

(* thx Laminar Research for releasing XP10 in a metal case, so I can use a magnet to hang my paper x-list.)

Edited by LPNils
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Not trying to take sides, but think about it.

It "has" been tested by few people. It's nowhere near being tested by hundreds. For example, people report CTD crashes while I didn't have a single one yet. At some point in the software's life you need to decide that releasing it will be more beneficial than trying to catch every single issue with just few people.

If they didn't release it yet trying to do so, I assume we wouldn't see this plane released anytime in the near future. Now, there are tons of reports by people and the developers can start fixing them quickly and swiftly. 

But sure, from the customer standpoint, you obviously want flawless performance. Well, to me, it has already paid for itself during the time I used it during the weekend. For me it works almost flawlessly, probably even better now since the XPUIPC has been fixed. 

Hi Morrigan

You said the XPUIPC issue has been fixed. Is that a new XPUIPC file that has been released or has the problem within the B733 Classic been fixed and is the B733 Classic download at X-Aviation  had fixes applied so if I pay and download I will get the newer version with less headaches.

Thanks

Edited by miked176766

Hi everyone and thanks for the nice words - we are reading these posts with a lot of joy and some anguish..

I am really sorry if your initial experience was not a pleaseant one and the whole team is cranking right now (like I have never seem them in the last few months...) to bring out the first update - with many more to follow!

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 7