Now this is cool!

737NUT

Thank you IXEG!  You have helped me realize a long time dream of simulating my favorite aircraft!   For those who don't know, I have a full size replica 737-300 in my basement using all real 737-300 parts except the MCP.  I have been flying the 732 until know. Now the 733 takes over!   Last night I tried to 'translate' my view just outside the cockpit as i did before in the 732. I do this since i'm in a cockpit already and don't want the pillars in my screen view. Well as i'm moving towards the windscreen, BAM!  It stops, just like if you tried to stick your head out a closed window! LOL

You can't translate or move your viewpoint outside thru the glass and framework of the 733, how realistic and cool.  Although I will need to find a way I thought it was a neat little feature.

Looking forward to many many flights in this amazing plane!

Rob

Edited by 737NUT
  • Upvote 2

That is really cool that you have a mock 737!  Are you able to post a couple of pictures?

When I get the time (which may be never! ) I too would like to build one,  So I take it that you have monitors for the window views?  I am planning on using two short throw projectors.

i wanted to use monitors for the panels but you can't undock windows in xplane like you can in fsx.  Wish you could.

i have seen some sims where they have taken the pillar view on the monitor and incorporated it into the physical frame of the flight deck.  Actually looked pretty good and somewhat seamless.

Thanks for your post and hope to see some pictures!

737NUT, you can open the side window of the cockpit, move your camera outside the cockpit, close the window from the outside and you're free to position wherever you like (it lets you out of jail, this is how you get wing views or whatever else, then save the view with CTRL+<NUM KEY>.

- Jamie

• Upvote 1