VOR to VOR navigation

speedbird

Firstly, many congratulations to the ixeg team. My current impression is that this is the best plane I own on x plane. 

I'm relatively new to this so apologies for the noddy question, but is it possible to tune the auto pilot VoR to VoR just as one would on the 732, i.e. without touching the FMC? 

I wanted to fly a few routes, but haven't quite learned the FMC yet. 

Many thanks for your help in advance and thumbs up to the developers & testers. 

Regards 

Thanks Nigel, 737Nut. 

I tuned NAV1, selected a course on the MCP, engaged the auto pilot hit the VoR LOC button but the plane didn't budge in any direction. The VOR was being picked up as I could see the HSI needles. I will retry using a different location or something, I'm pretty sure it's a user error :) 

Regards 

4 hours ago, speedbird said:

I'm relatively new to this so apologies for the noddy question, but is it possible to tune the auto pilot VoR to VoR just as one would on the 732, i.e. without touching the FMC? 

Sure, and that is exactly what Jan does in the second tutorial. Have a look at the tutorial docs/videos that came with the plane.

Sanjiv

4 hours ago, sanjiv said:

Sure, and that is exactly what Jan does in the second tutorial. Have a look at the tutorial docs/videos that came with the plane.

Sanjiv

thanks Sanjiv. i should look at the tutorials before asking questions here :). Actually, i seem to be getting better at using the autopilot VOR/LOC. it seems that i need to get it close to the intercept and then the autopilot does its job. 

I flew into a busy VATSIM event last night fully non-RNAV (due to an RNAV failure where the FMS refused to track the route after a Gizmo soft crash) without any issues. The only major issue (not with the model, just the plane itself) vs. the 737-200Adv is that there's no standby radio frequencies, but it's nothing gamebreaking.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

I flew into a busy VATSIM event last night fully non-RNAV (due to an RNAV failure where the FMS refused to track the route after a Gizmo soft crash) without any issues. The only major issue (not with the model, just the plane itself) vs. the 737-200Adv is that there's no standby radio frequencies, but it's nothing gamebreaking.

Agreed, no standby tuners but not a major issue. Manual VoR to VoR is probably not the expected way to fly this plane :-) 

Thanks all.