IMPORTANT Autopilot issues fix

Morten

Hi guy's,

We know that many of you are experiencing different autopilot issues.  At this time it appears to be a conflict with a plugin called FSUIPC that many of you use.  The temporary quick fix is to open the sim and aircraft;

- Disable the FSUIPC (or XPUIPC) in the PLUGIN menu

- REBOOT Gizmo (either in the plugin menu or with the little lightning button in the popupbar on the right screen edge)

So no need to unistall anything if you don't want to

We are in contact with FSUIPC and hope to get this fixed either by us or them as soon as possible!

M

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 6

• Morten pinned this topic

And I already have an updated XPUIPC file for you from Torsten, the creator of XPUIPC.

It will add compatibility - but please make sure that you install at your own risk and neither IXEG nor X-Pilot or X-Aviation can be held responsible for any possible adverse effects of damages you might suffer herefrom.

You can also wait for the next hotfix which SHOULD be live within a few hours - it will also fix the AP problems.

Jan

XPUIPC 2.0.4.7.zip

• Upvote 4

you guys rock! Of all the little issues and problems we have with the Bobby having to disable XPUIPC (the most important plugin for me) to finally have proper vertical modes and being able to run an ILS approach or Autoland was the worst. Now my sim cockpit is back to normal even with the 737 :)

And yes, I had problems with RNAV approaches. For me the bird suddenly turned right even before the last waypoint on the RNAV profile. I had to take over and force it back on to the runway center line. That was before I found out about XPUIPC. I will give it another shot with the updated plugin.

Kosta

The system now works smoothly with the new XPUIPC....however, I now see that TOC and TOD don't line up....I reached planned altitude about 30nm before the indicated TOC on the ND. For arrival into EGCC, it started descent to first restriction of F190 and stopped at F190 some 50nm before we reached the waypoint...it descended way too steep. Didn't have such issues before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WR269 said:

The system now works smoothly with the new XPUIPC....however, I now see that TOC and TOD don't line up....I reached planned altitude about 30nm before the indicated TOC on the ND. For arrival into EGCC, it started descent to first restriction of F190 and stopped at F190 some 50nm before we reached the waypoint...it descended way too steep. Didn't have such issues before

Hi mate,

its normal, do you know why ??

I deosn't take into account so far the wind.

Normally, in real life pilot set wind prediction of each waypoints in the rte data page and  the wind prediction in the descent forecast page. this information are crucial for accurate VNAV calculation and prediction. Even the FCOM advise the pilots to put wind prediction for accuracy matter.

So the more headwind/tailwind you have the less chance the plane will reach the calculated TC pseudo point ( airbus term) and the TD pseudo point might be a bit innacurate, you may need to descent earlier (des now is not working now so VNAV descent is impossible if you want to descent earlier than planned, so you'll need to use the V/S) or later depedning if you have a TL or HD.

But wind prediction entries is planned post v1.0

Edited by cmbaviator
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WR269 said:

Can you try to disable XPUIPC (2.0.4.7) and see if things then go back to normal?

(and please start a new topic in the bug report section)

Edited by Morten

Hi mate,

its normal, do you know why ??

I deosn't take into account so far the wind.

Normally, in real life pilot set wind prediction of each waypoints in the rte data page and  the wind prediction in the descent forecast page. this information are crucial for accurate VNAV calculation and prediction. Even the FCOM advise the pilots to put wind prediction for accuracy matter.

So the more headwind/tailwind you have the less chance the plane will reach the calculated TC pseudo point ( airbus term) and the TD pseudo point might be a bit innacurate, you may need to descent earlier (des now is not working now so VNAV descent is impossible if you want to descent earlier than planned, so you'll need to use the V/S) or later depedning is you have a TL or HD.

But wind prediction entries is planned post v1.0

Ok interesting, there was strong headwind on climb. However for descent I filled out the wind prediction pages directly from FSGRW and the winds were spot on....doesn't stop me enjoy the aircraft, I just thought it curious since it had not happened before.

• Upvote 1

Just now, WR269 said:

Ok interesting, there was strong headwind on climb. However for descent I filled out the wind prediction pages directly from FSGRW and the winds were spot on....doesn't stop me enjoy the aircraft, I just thought it curious since it had not happened before.

i noticed too that you can enter wind in the des forecast page but it doesn't seem thatit is taken into account, if i recall correctly the dev said that wind entries is not taken into account, could be wrong though

Nice 737, but I tried the recommended fixes and I having a lot of trouble with the auto pilot, when adding a waypoint to my flight plan inflight and with LNAV and VNAV  a screen pops up with a red line and other information which I don't under stand but I x the screen to continue with x-plane and it seems the auto pilot is disengaged even though the autopilot light is on, I press the autopilot button and the light with not goes off it stays on, then I try to engage the B autopilot and I get a CWS on my display, the only time the autopilot works is if I don't try to modify my flight plan, back in the hanger she goes:(

GizmoLog.txt

XPUIPC.txt

Edited by boeing747

36 minutes ago, boeing747 said:

Nice 737, but I tried the recommended fixes and I having a lot of trouble with the auto pilot, when adding a waypoint to my flight plan inflight and with LNAV and VNAV  a screen pops up with a red line and other information which I don't under stand but I x the screen to continue with x-plane and it seems the auto pilot is disengaged even though the autopilot light is on, I press the autopilot button and the light with not goes off it stays on, then I try to engage the B autopilot and I get a CWS on my display, the only time the autopilot works is if I don't try to modify my flight plan, back in the hanger she goes:(

GizmoLog.txt

XPUIPC.txt

Same here!

Also happening without XUIPC!

There is no way to edit your route (Add new Fixes/Delete others) during cruise...That allways causes the errors from above!

Makes it a bit difficult to fly especially online when you are instructed by the ATC :(

Looking forward to the first update ;)

2 minutes ago, Finlay68 said:

Same here!

Also happening without XUIPC!

There is no way to edit your route (Add new Fixes/Delete others) during cruise...That allways causes the errors from above!

Makes it a bit difficult to fly especially online when you are instructed by the ATC :(

Looking forward to the first update ;)

Hello,

the XPUIPC fix does not solve the problem completely. It seems a bit better but the climb and alt hold is still quite wobbly as the autopilot is unable to maintain steady speed and climb rate. It still tends to climb much too steep, lose too much  speed, go into level or even descent, pickup way too much speed and go into another steep climb wobble. Alt hold is a similar story, constantly wobbling up and down around the selected flight level. If I remove the XPUIPC from plugins and start without it it's fine.

edit: Also I noticed that the FMC can sometimes create quite weird routes. For example the LSZH BLM2Z arrival to ILS28 with GIPOL28 transition generates a route with 2 very sharp points that "reverse" backwards instead of turning smoothly into the transition from GIPOL. I always have to skip the ZH203 waypoint and go direct to ZH204 from GIPOL as the FMC is unable to make a smooth transition there. I use the default AIRAC as Navigraph causes the Gizmo errors. This problem I mentioned is with default AIRAC (1509).

edit2: And also this happened when I just now tried to select different arrival procedure:

733-gizmo1.jpg

Gah! And the error completely messed up LNAV and autopilot both of which now refuse to engage. :(

Edited by lanmancz

• Morten unpinned this topic