Thank you for the email Follow Up.

signmanbob

Hello,

I want to thank you for the email follow up after I purchased the 737 Classic. It was a very pleasant surprise and it shows me that this Classic will get outstanding developer support.

The price that you chose for the 737 Classic is very reasonable and I had expected it to be closer to or over $90USD. I expect everyone who flies airliners in X-Plane will own this beauty and support your work.

Unfortunately I just replaced my harddrive with a very large SSD and I am in the process of reinstalling X-Plane10.

As impatient as I am to try the new 737 Classic, I've forgotten how long it takes to install X-Plane. But once I get everything installed, I am really looking forward to taking it for a spin.

The 737 has been my favorite aircraft for years, whether it is the 200, Classic or NG. I have read a lot on them and am fairly well versed on its operation, so I'll just be jumping in and going pretty quick.

I have had Cpt. Mike Ray's book on the 737 Classic for several years and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn to fly this aircraft like it is supposed to be flown. It is easy and entertaining reading, but full of great complete knowledge in the Classics operation. I see you are also offering it along with the simulation. That is a great idea.

Edited by signmanbob

Just received the email from Cameron and replied back with my thoughts. After seeing this post I thought it might be a good idea to share it here...

Hello Cameron,

I know your inbox is flooded with emails at this point in time and also  that each mail you read takes some amount of time out of your super busy days. But still I thought I would share some of my thoughts. So here goes...

First of all congratulations on release of this amazing bird. I am sure it defines a new era in the history of X-Plane (best plane so far in terms of realistic flight dynamics and complexity) and Flight Simulation (best plane so far in terms of realistic flight dynamics). No I have not yet flown the plane so far as I am out of station and I have only the macbook with me which has limited resources. But I am going through the tutorials and Jan's excellent videos. But from the videos I know what the plane is and what its potentials are.

All the complex planes released so far had FCOMs bundled with them.  They were really more painful and less enjoyable to me. So I really appreciate the effort made by Jan, the real B733 captain, in making us teach the basics like a flight instructor. I also highly appreciate the fact that you encourage us to fly the plane like real pilots and have gone a step further in getting us a very good book at a discounted price.

We had put you all under a lot of pressure to release the plane early. So if there are some bugs in the first release it is perfectly understandable. I know you guys have tried your level best to get in as many features as possible in the last moment. But that was solely with the interest of giving us a more enjoyable experience and we totally understand that. We know that most of the issues would be sorted out in your next update.

So, I would request the IXEG team to not loose heart. Remember a lot of buyers have come from MSFS and P3D (good for us) who probably expected the same kind of finish/completeness as PMDG.  But we understand that you are a four/five man team working without any income (so far) with additional responsibilities of your primary job just because of you passion for flight simming. If we take the example of Jan, leave alone testing for this aircraft, he has contributed immensely in making sceneries for x-plane along with so many great tutorial videos. So please please remain motivated and continue working on this plane. We have seen your passion for flight simming and we know that you will transform the already best plane into a totally bug free, frame rate friendly plane in no time.

So thanks a lot once again and keep up the great work. Cheers :)

Cameron, Please share my email with all the IXEG team members.

Thanks and wishing you good luck,

Sanjiv

• Upvote 3