PFPX IXEG profile

cmbaviator

3 hours ago, HerrSchwarz said:

Thank you, sir. Is there also a Topcat File somewhere? I could´nt find one. Or how would you setup TopCat in these case? 

Greetings :)

I'm afraid I don't have that. I'd consider buying TOPCAT myself if someone put together a usable profile. You could probably start with the NGX version and tweak it, but without the program, I'm not sure how involved it would be.

3 hours ago, HerrSchwarz said:

Thank you, sir. Is there also a Topcat File somewhere? I could´nt find one. Or how would you setup TopCat in these case? 

Topcat and PFPX are completely different beasts when it comes to internal structure and data format. Unfortunately it's not possible for a user to create data for Topcat. It'd be relatively easy to create an Excel file that'll calculate basic runway performance from the FPPM, just the usual matter of time!

Is there any difference in the flightmodel between the IXEG winglet and non-winglet models, or just a change in the external visual model?

Cheers

Jon

8 hours ago, BW901 said:

Or there's a detailed profile specifically for the 3B1 at www.airlinerperformance.net

Hi,

I have downloaded and started using this profile (just as a test) but there seems to be a problem with Cruise Flight Level. For me calculations are always for FL000 (?!). Do You have the same problem?

Does anyone have a solution?

Looks like this:
-N0247A000 LOLSI T174 INDIG L980 BADUP/N0248A020 L980 SUI UL867 RADEL
 UL619 PODUS/N0247A000 UL619 BUMIL

Thanks,

PS. BTW great job! Thanks to all of IXEG team!

Edited by Poweer

Hi Poweer. I just removed the original file from my PFPX installation and installed the Dropbox file to be sure all's OK. Ran a Dublin-Prague at both Mach .74 and CI20 (this profile will handle Cost Index climb, cruise and descent) and in both cases it's calculating cruise at proper altitudes.

Are you using the latest version of PFPX? Can you provide more detail so I can see if I can replicate?

4 hours ago, BW901 said:

Is there any difference in the flightmodel between the IXEG winglet and non-winglet models, or just a change in the external visual model?

Jan posted an answer about this same thing a few months ago int this topic. Basically the flight model is the same because the difference it makes is negligible.

No problems, glad to hear everything is working Poweer.

26 minutes ago, aljaz41 said:

Jan posted an answer about this same thing a few months ago int this topic. Basically the flight model is the same because the difference it makes is negligible.

Thanks for the heads-up Aljaz, I have some catchup on old posts to do. Makes sense keeping things the same in X-plane, the one PFPX profile will work for both then.

Looking forward to the release and every success to the IXEG team.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22 avril 2016 at 8:28 AM, BW901 said:

Or there's a detailed profile specifically for the 3B1 at www.airlinerperformance.net

Anyone use that profile, because The fuel planning I get is pretty minimal and it doesn't seem to take into account how much fuel I want at the end of flight. There is barely the minimum (I finish with About 1200Kgs each time) and that's with a flight without go-around and no diversion to alternate airport. 

I am in a flight right now and asked to have 2400Kgs of fuel I'll see if it manages to do it properly.

14 hours ago, Tchou said:

Anyone use that profile, because The fuel planning I get is pretty minimal and it doesn't seem to take into account how much fuel I want at the end of flight. There is barely the minimum (I finish with About 1200Kgs each time) and that's with a flight without go-around and no diversion to alternate airport. 

I am in a flight right now and asked to have 2400Kgs of fuel I'll see if it manages to do it properly.

don't forget to add at least 30 min in extra time in PFPX, I tweaked the EU-OPS rule so that i have always a final reserv of 2.0 tons calculated by PFPX ie ( you can enter 2.0 in reserve in the IXEG CDU