IXEG 737 Classic Release Announcement

Cameron

Good job i wasn't slurping java when i read that jsnapp

Monitor has had quite enough laughter choking spittle on her thankyou very much ;)

Tony

Edit : Knowing how the support system works, i bet the more people click the lower down for a download you go lmao

Edited by Defiance_co

Just now, jsnapp said:

Wonder who X-aviation uses as their webhost, @Cameron?   I am impressed with the site being in such good shape!   I should switch my photo lab business to this web host.

The store is quality! I've noticed more of a slow-down on this forum than on there, seems the F5-mashing really is being handled!

22 minutes ago, SRSR333 said:

Not questioning your expertise, @Ben Russell, but I believe aircraft and scenery packages sold elsewhere, that use your own plugin (Gizmo), as well as others like GroundTraffic and AutoGate have the plugins in question built into the package, such as FlightFactor's planes and MisterX6's scenery packages. Can't the 737 Classic do this as well? Once again, one of X-Plane's strengths is its portability, and the self-contained nature of add-ons, but installers tend to muck up that self-contained nature by putting files all over the place, where they cannot be traced by the average user in case of a problem. Not to mention logging with the Windows registry, something that X-Plane's developers pride themselves on not doing.

As for this - I have neither the expertise nor the entrepreneurship to start my own venture; I have also nothing to gain by 'proving anyone wrong'. I was simply pointing out that a compressed archive would make life easier for all - even the distributors, as they need not create an installer, but simply zip up the files once development is done, and upload them to the servers.

We have already made our technical decisions and we stand by them. We work for the majority.

What you feel personally is not what we experience to be the majority desire or path of least resistance and best overall customer experience.

I respect that many people do prefer a simple archive. You should respect that many more people simply want to run an installer, click five buttons and play their game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Defiance_co said:

Knowing nothing about Navigraph .......

Is that because it's initially included with the plane ?

Tony

What a woman, not only java, she's doing us a full monty breakfast :) i am gonna be eating breakfast at altitude i hope lol

Yes. But it probably is not current. The plane will work fine with an old version

I highly recommend a subscription to Navigraph.  The airport procedure charts are a must have when using the FMC!