IXEG 737 Classic Release Announcement

Cameron

I should have got this plane in january as a birthday present, but unfortunately, I was told that the developers had to replace the rusty screws on the radar panel first, before its ready for release..i guess it's done, finally :)

Congrats to the developers for being so persistent over 5...6 years developing this thing!

Gauges.jpg

Edited by EDDTlex
  • Upvote 1

Dear diary

Saturday April 23rd

1pm gmt (x-plane timezone gmt -12hrs)

Purchased the delicious 737

2pm : Finally managed to install the plane dohh !

2:25pm : Found how to enter the front end of the plane, the cockpit i think it's called

2:30pm : Still stuck in the cockpit ! as i can't find the button for the flashlight to see where everything is (irl i have no idea yet what that key is hehe)

2:40pm : I'm sure some dials or buttons are supposed to light up ?

2:45pm : Figured the flashlight button hurrah

3:30pm : All these dials switches and buttons are scaring me

4:30pm : OK weird clicks and pops and is that smoke i can smell, damn hope it's the plane and not my pc

5:00pm : PC is fine, but i'm still worried about all this cockpit stuff, i do recognise the throttle levers though, so that's a blessing

5:05pm : Why is the master alarm going off while i accidentally tried lifting the landing gear lever upwards ?

5:10pm : One of these damned switches should start at least one engine !

5:29 and 59secs pm : Righto, now to programme my flight

5:30pm : Teas ready babe, chicken curry n chips, coming darling

5:40pm : Ok so i eat fast and desperate to get this plane off the deck

6pm : Got her looking at the side of me (yea the boss aka fiancee), damn she's more addicted to the darn smp clouds than i am, gotta make out i know wth i'm doing ;)

6:05pm : Would love a java babe, ok sweety i'll do us a coffee, off she plods to kitchen, now to get things moving along i gotta do somert fast, my fresh coffee takes 3mins, her jar cwap takes 4mins

6:06pm : HEY BABE, (gotta shout she's in kitchen doing us a java) fancy reading a pdf printout for the plane as my co-pilot, sure sweety, ok cool

6:36pm : Think she's going off me, i can't get moving so no clouds no love off her grrrrrrrrrrrrr and i'm losing my temper, java was too weak grrrrrrrrr but keep quiet about that

7:00pm : I'm resigned to admiring the external views for a while, my co-pilot pdf reader-outer has downed tools, blaming me for killing the plane, cheek of her !

11:00pm : Dang, this manual sure is a lot to wade through for a noobs first payware plane purchase, i feel tired

11:15pm : SWEETY, YOU COMIN TO BED, (ahh the alarm call of amore) SURE, ok the manual can wait, if i'm that stupid, i'll check x-pilot forum or youtube tomorrow

Coming Dear !

Yeah, i can see a few of these happening to me hehe

But aint it gonna be fun learning, always is

Have Fun

Tony

• Upvote 9

Wonderful. I replied to the Progress Update topic not too long ago, and this news was a pleasant surprise to someone like me who hasn't really got much time, if at all, to simulate flights. This will be a day-one purchase for me, mark my words. Well done to the developer team at IXEG; special mention to @Litjan who painstakingly put up all those YouTube videos for us to enjoy and preview the plane. As I've always said, his slightly German-accented, but perfect English, is icing on the cake. I especially enjoyed the 4-part series where he semi-roleplayed as a captain of a 737, waiting for coffee, etc. That was hilarious, I must say. :D

I noticed, though, that @Cameron mentioned there would be an 'installer' for the simulation. While I think an installer makes it simpler to add an aircraft, actually managing it will be slightly more difficult, as several people I know have customised their X-Plane/Aircraft folders. Releasing the 737 Classic as a compressed archive such as .zip or .7z, to be decompressed at will would be the optimal solution, as most payware aircraft have been done. Do the developers/publishers have any comment on this?

Edited by SRSR333
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, wsender said:

Is there any chance that we can get some of the documentation to review before the 23rd? I've never flown PMDG or any of the other 3D 737s out there so getting some prep time before the release would be awesome!

On 20.4.2016 at 2:17 AM, Cameron said:

The manuals are a value of the product. These will be obtained only through purchase, but fair question! :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, wsender said:

Is there any chance that we can get some of the documentation to review before the 23rd? I've never flown PMDG or any of the other 3D 737s out there so getting some prep time before the release would be awesome!

IXEG have already said the manuals are part of the value of the product, so they won't be freely available.

If you want some pre-reading though, this book is fantastic - I have it and it is well worth a look. Smartcockpit is also invaluable.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bigbasspic said:

Guess the guys just wanted to be ahead of the x737 aka before 1st of may

Haha...while I get the joke, I should probably clarify...

We have been set on this release timeframe internally for quite some time. The 737-300 and NG are actually quite different beasts, and no matter who would've released first I don't think would matter. It certainly wasn't on our radar as a potential "hurt" item.

Those guys have done a great job, by the way!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

... we can release it just after them if you really want? ;)

Not necessarily from my side. I'll get them both B)

@Cameron As you said, these are different beasts, and nobody is gonna get hurt anyway - apart from the cracks and scratches on the pavement after my first landings!

Edited by bigbasspic

4 minutes ago, bigbasspic said:

Guess the guys just wanted to be ahead of the x737 aka before 1st of may :ph34r:

:D

Whether the impending release of the x737 nudged IXEG to release V1.0 now is unknown.  I'm sure they were aware of the May 1 release date.

That said, the x737 release certainly will affect IXEG sales.  The hardcore flyers will buy the IXEG offering on day one, no matter the price.  The fence sitters though will likely wait, and try out the x737 for free, especially if the cost of the IXEG is north of $60 USD.  If the x737 wasn't coming out in a week, then I think a lot of the fence sitters would buy in as well right off the bat. 

Tim

20 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

... we can release it just after them if you really want? ;)

LOL....

I know this was a joke, but in all seriousness, if there were some final unexpected tweaks to be made, I would rather wait a couple more weeks for product that is as complete and functional right out of the gate, versus multiple updates soon after release.  I'm guessing I'm in the minority though.

Tim

Just now, Tim013 said:

LOL....

I know this was a joke, but in all seriousness, if there were some final unexpected tweaks to be made, I would rather wait a couple more weeks for product that is as complete and functional right out of the gate, versus multiple updates soon after release.  I'm guessing I'm in the minority though.

Tim

I guess you missed the "near release" notices back in, what, December?

• Upvote 2

As long as it comes with a parachute i can live without a java mug lol

Seriously, is it miami time zone whatever that is ? (that's around 5-7hrs from uk ?)

Trying to figure out in my head but i'm not sure where i read the timezone (specific usa location i mean, then again my brain of late it could of been a down under timezone lol)

Ohh, the boss (bless her) is chuffed with her soon to be purchase for me, showed her some yt vids lastnight, got her seal of approval, lovely hehe

Have Fun

Tony

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

I guess you missed the "near release" notices back in, what, December?

Hahahahaha......   No, I did not miss that announcement.

My point is that another couple weeks waiting wouldn't kill anyone.  At this point, for the people committed to buying it right off, a day, week, or month delay won't really matter.