Flying on VATSIM with FSGRWeather

selkin

Hi all

Just in case you want to fly online on VATSIM and use FSGRW: Unfortunately you can't prevent XSquawkBox 1.3.1 from initially download and activate its own weather as far as I know. What I tested successfully was the following:

0. of course you set "Check Weather every" within XSquawkbox Prefs to 0 minutes.

1. Start X-plane, start FSGRW, let the Connector in "Automatic" Mode. FSGRWeather will be established.

2. after connecting to VATSIM you have to set the weather back to "get weather from the net" (the one most right) as XSquawkBox has set it to the most left option.

Regards

Fred

• Upvote 1

Quote from the FAQ of XSquawkBox 1.3.1:

VATSIM weather is not up-to-date/not conducive to flying? Can I use another weather source?
Unfortunately not – whilst you should be able to do this by setting the weather update interval in XSquawkBox’s settings to 0 first, there is a bug in 1.3.1 and earlier that prevents this from working correctly.  A fix will appear in a future release.   Once that’s been released, then you’ll be able to use your alternate weather source.