Cloud entrance effect and illumination problem on multiple views

Hello guys,

First of all grats for the 3.1 version...really an outstanding product.

I'm actually testing Skymaxx on a 3 multiple views system.

it is actually working really good but i have a little problem with the syncronization between the views: the cloud entrance effect and the new cloud illumination system are not perfectly synced. They occour at different timings. The settings are exacly the same (sam settings file in every machine).

Do you have info regarding this issue?

Regards,

Fabrizio 

There are differences in how each puff of a cloud are oriented on each view, and that could result in the puffs being illuminated a little differently. The cloud puffs always face the camera, and that will be a slightly different direction on different views. I think that's probably what you're seeing.

I don't really have a solution, however - that's just how this particular graphical trick works. Increasing the cloud detail setting in SMP may reduce the effect, but that will come at a performance cost.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello guys,

I repost in this old topic to advise about another issue that I am experiencing while testing Skymaxx on a server + 3 clients system (Xplane 10.51 and skymaxx 4.0.1):

the clounds and not well synced between the clients and there are some that appear only in 2 or 1 of them.

The settings are exactly the same between the clients and they are linked directly to the server.

On the server I tried with Slymaxx installed or not but there is no visible difference.

best regards,

Marco Frosio

Some things to check:

- Copy the same resources/plugins/silverlining/settings.dat file to every client, to make sure the SMP settings are exactly the same. Don't touch the settings after that.

- If you're using RWC, try setting it to "always" mode on every client

If you're still having trouble, please post your log.txt file. If you can take a snapshot of the issue it might also help us to understand what you're seeing.

On 16/1/2017 at 0:29 PM, sundog said:

Some things to check:

- Copy the same resources/plugins/silverlining/settings.dat file to every client, to make sure the SMP settings are exactly the same. Don't touch the settings after that.

- If you're using RWC, try setting it to "always" mode on every client

If you're still having trouble, please post your log.txt file. If you can take a snapshot of the issue it might also help us to understand what you're seeing.

Hello,

Thank you.

I use the same settings file for each client and I don't have RWC installed. I attach the Logs of the 3 clients to this post and I'll try to do a video in the next days to show the issue.

Thank you in advance,

Marco

Log-CLIENT1.txt

Log-CLIENT2.txt

Log-CLIENT3.txt

Based on your log, it looks like one of your clients is receiving different weather data from X-Plane than the others. Two show a cumulus layer, and one (client 3) only received cirrus.

It may be a good experiment to remove SMP from all three clients and see if you're having the same problems with default weather. As far as I can tell, SMP is just doing what X-Plane is telling it to do, and the issue is probably at a higher level.

16 hours ago, sundog said:

Based on your log, it looks like one of your clients is receiving different weather data from X-Plane than the others. Two show a cumulus layer, and one (client 3) only received cirrus.

It may be a good experiment to remove SMP from all three clients and see if you're having the same problems with default weather. As far as I can tell, SMP is just doing what X-Plane is telling it to do, and the issue is probably at a higher level.

Thank you Sundog.

I'll do what you suggested.

Do you suggest to keep Skymaxx installed on the Server (which commands all the clients) or it is not necessary?