Cloud shadows with FSGRW

I am not quite sure if I have spotted something, but whenever SMP detects a new metar.rwx file, the cloud shadows disappear for some seconds or a bit longer. They reappear once the new weather is rendered, with a little delay.

I have 300 MB of VRAM left and FSGRW is running on the same machine (latest build).

Log.txt provides no hints, despite the phenomena can be pinned to the entry whenever SMP detects a new metar.rwx file.

Otherwise RWC and FSGRW work in harmony and joy [emoji16]

I missed to provide a log.txt, but will do that tomorrow of the day after. Just on the pace with family for some ice cream...

Cheers , Jakob

Yeah, that's normal. When new clouds get loaded in response to new METAR data, the old clouds fade out and new ones fade in. The cloud shadows come directly from the clouds being drawn, so they too fade out and back in as this happens.

Like Cameron said, you'll want to make sure new METAR data isn't downloaded more frequently than needed.

Thanks for the response guys. I'll check whether there is some possible configuration within FSGRW... Otherwise I will contact their devs.

Does RWC forces a cloud redraw, if a metar.rwx is written, despite the relevant METAR for the sector the aircraft travels in hasn't changed? Because on the other hand, redraws of the weather should be reduced to a minimum required. That would make the experience more constant.