Source of Orthophotos

Jack Turano

Hello,

I am creating Orthoimagery with ORTHO4XP, and I wonder what is the best source of Orthoimagery?

There are over 10 choices like Google, USA_2, FRnorth, FRsat, and many more. I have no idea what these abbreviations mean...

And which one of them is the best to use in what parts of the world?

Thank you,

Jack

You can guess for many of the sources, for instance FRnorth and FRsat are both for French territory; you can also open the file "Carnet_d_adresses.py" in any text editor and read the comments about each of those sources. Some sources, like Google or Bing, have worldwide coverage but in some areas one of them could be better than the other; nothing like experimenting.

José

On 4/17/2016 at 1:43 AM, Jose Almeida said:

You can guess for many of the sources, for instance FRnorth and FRsat are both for French territory; you can also open the file "Carnet_d_adresses.py" in any text editor and read the comments about each of those sources. Some sources, like Google or Bing, have worldwide coverage but in some areas one of them could be better than the other; nothing like experimenting.

José

What do you like the most for England, London? What source is the best for that?

• 8 months later...

Jack,

No idea if you're still creating ortho for the UK

But if you are, ive found Bing (BI option) to be the best for UK+EU

Two tiles draw a blank though up Scotland using BI, so i'll use google (go2, with the Check Against White Textures unticked)

No doubt by this time you're well sorted and covered in ortho lol

Tony