RWC Setup for Networked Clients

bowingic

I purchased RWC but have not installed it as yet.

After reading the manual I am now wondering if it is possible to run RWC on the multi pc setup that I have ie.... One server pc with Xplane that gets real weather via FSGRW and distributes the wx data to 3 client pc's that run 3 views (with SMP 3.1.1 on each)...and currently works very well.

I assume I would have to install RWC on all the pc's?, but my main query is whether the server will send the correct RWC data to the clients (being different to normal Xplane wx data?) and that the weather would be sync'ed across the 3 display views, as it does at the moment.

Any advice appreciated before I try to install RWC.

Ian

1 minute ago, Havner said:

I think that your primary problem is that because of SkyMAXX and RWC DRM you can in general install those programs only on 3 PCs max.

This is a non-issue if you take the time to contact X-Aviation support and explain your requirements.

Increasing the license limitation from three to four is simple.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the advice.

Cameron arranged an extra SMP licence for me a while back.

Can I just run FSGRW on the server pc and still get the correct format for RWC delivered to the clients.

If so, as the server pc does not display scenery ( it just gets FSGRW), can I just install RWC on the 3 clients and not on the server at all?

I'm happy just to give this a try unless you think that won't work for some reason.

Edited by bowingic
Re phrase my questions

I have purchased and installed RWC on a dual imac setup runing skymaxpro for a very long time, updated to 3.1.1 first.

first thing i noticed -really weird by the way- when selecting the "view is still spot" slave camera goes crazy, no longer works.

please see atached 3 pics.

1 view from the cockpit interior. Works great.

2 chase view. Works just fine as well. Tower view, runway view, they all work just fine.

3 still spot. Slave machine goes crazy and points to a water view. I also tested it while on the air, same result but pointing to the ground 

any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by mmerelles

disregard, i am an idiot plain and simple :unsure:

i was testing all different settings and combinations to get the best balance to go un xplane rendering and skymaxxpro+wrc and missed to disable extended DSF on the second imac. It seems having extended DSF on the rendering settings disabled on the master but enabled on the slave makes the slave camera go crazy under the still spot view. Just in case someone else has this crazy behavior, here is the answer, not wrc.

i will do some flights and report back how wrc works to me on a dual imac setup. So far the install went smooth and the fps are the same on the ground

I've updated SkyMaxxPro to 3.1.1 and RWC installed on my server PC. My setup is a multiple view configuration with 6 PC's and 6 scenery monitors.

I'm a little bit confused. I installed RWC on a second PC,too, but is it really correct? -  Because I noticed clouds are not synchronized with the server.

The RWC is set to automatic and how should I set the weather adjustment in X-Plane (Client PC's)?.

May be it is sufficient to install RWC on the server only and synchronization will work by network, isn't it?

The clouds should still be consistent when using RWC. You might want to double check that the exact settings are using in SMP on each PC; the recent updates may have changed them. 

Setting RWC to "always" on each PC might also help, depending on how things are configured.

Hi friends, Since SMP version 3.1  I experiencing different clouds interpretation on main PC and slave-external view networked PC. Previous SMP versions put all clouds on the same place on both machines and there was perfect continuous transitions between Main and Networked screen. Settings (x-plane rendering and SMP) on both PCs are the same of course. Any suggestion? Thanks a lot. Have a nice evening.

Edited by huhrut
typo

26 minutes ago, huhrut said:

Hi friends, Since SMP version 3.1  I experiencing different clouds interpretation on main PC and slave-external view networked PC. Previous SMP versions put all clouds on the same place on both machines and there was perfect continuous transitions between Main and Networked screen. Settings (x-plane rendering and SMP) on both PCs are the same of course. Any suggestion? Thanks a lot. Have a nice evening.

I think I see what might be causing this. I'm afraid a code change will be needed, so you'll have to wait for our next update for a fix. You might want to downgrade to SMP 3.0 for the time being, if this is an important issue for you.

I'm working on fixing this now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sundog said:

I think I see what might be causing this. I'm afraid a code change will be needed, so you'll have to wait for our next update for a fix. You might want to downgrade to SMP 3.0 for the time being, if this is an important issue for you.

Thanks for quick reply. Understood. Downgraded to SMP 3.0. and running nicely again. So I will wait for the fix. Good Luck Sir!

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:51 AM, sundog said:

Just further confirmation that I am also experiencing this issue.

I was testing RWC with server pc running FSGRW (no RWC or scenery display) and 3 clients with SMP 3.1.1 each with RWC and having the above problem which I thought was to do with RWC until I read your posts.

One thing I did notice with RWC on the clients was that even though real weather was refreshed (on the clients Xplane "Download real weather screen" displays), there was no weather change on the clients. I tried the "always on" option as well as automatic" However I think its best if I wait for the 3.1 fix before giving any legitimate feedback on RWC operation on the clients.

Thanks for looking into a fix for the cloud sync problem...I realise we who run networked clients are probably a minority of users so appreciate your support.

3 hours ago, birdy.dma said:

Hello bowingic,

You have FSGRW running on a server PC. How can you inject metar and wind files to 3 clients simultaenously?

Once networked the clients normally just reflect whatever weather is on the server...if you change any weather parameter on the server you can see the change happen immediately on each client.

To clarify I am also running Xplane on the server but don't use it for a scenery display. It is the Xplane server and it gets FSGRW weather, which is delivered to the clients, just like the aircraft position, speed, altitude data etc. 

Haven't had any issues running this way until SMP 3.1 and RWC. I intend to wait for the 3.1 fix mentioned above before making any further tests of RWC with my configuration.    

I am running a simulator setup as well through networked computers. The attached picture shows the architecture of the Sim.
Currenlty I use SkyMaxx as follows: 
- On the SERVER I run a Minimalistic version of X-plane that interfaces with all external hardware. It also has an extra monitor serving as a kind of IOS.
- In this X-plane version I normally set the weather through the default x-plane dialogue window, can be real weather or custom weather conditions.
- this weather setting is then automatically sent to both visuals 1&2 and SkyMaxx gives a pretty perfect representation of this weather conditions on both visuals and in Sync!

Now I want to integrate Real Weather Connector into this picture and of course I have read the threads in this forum but still I am feeling unsure as to how to configure and where to install what software.
- what I understood unitl now is that I need to install the latest SkyMaxx 3.1.2 on both Visuals (actually that has been done and working great)
- Then I need to install RWC on both visual computers and configure it correctly.

Question(s):
- Do I need to install RWC on the server PC as well?
- How to configure the various RWC installations?
- Can I control the weather as usual through the default x-plane weather dialogue window?
- Or is the operation of RWC on both Visuals completely independed from the SERVER PC (e.g. are they accessing internet themselves?)

I'm sorry if I asking questions already being asked somewhere else, but I hop that someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance

SIM_Setup.JPG

- Do I need to install RWC on the server PC as well?

No.

Do me a favor - set up your server for real world weather. Does it look like the metar.rwx file on the clients are now identical sizes and have a file modification time from when you set up real weather on the server? I don't have a multi-PC setup to test with, but if you can give me that information I can answer your other questions.