Saab 'wandering' after choosing 'direct to' on GPS

hamoody

I've encountered a really annoying problem and I don't know if it's a bug or something I'm doing wrong. Sometimes, I have a need to skip over some waypoints and proceed direct to one farther down my flight plan. The problem is, occasionally when I do this the Saab seems to take up some random heading. Even if I get it on the magenta line with heading select, then press 'direct' again, and turn on NAV hold, it wanders off to hold some (presumably) random heading. Am I doing something wrong? Before this happens, it follows my flight plan perfectly. I'm using the default GPS and all my navdata  for the default 'GNS 430' and PFPX which I use to compile my plans is updated to this month's cycle

9 hours ago, breadwild said:

been there done that. Try deleting all of the waypoints you are skipping,  and make sure the waypoint you are going direct to is not highlighted with the green background.  And doublecheck to make sure your GPS and autopilot are still on. 

Thanks. I tried all that but I'm still having the problem. Could it be the approach I'm trying to fly? It's the GPS13RZ with the WAZAK trans. into KPSP.