IXEG 737 Progress Update - April 10th

Cameron

1 hour ago, poodster said:

Someone on a facebook group noticed something about the lights on the 737.

"  In this video you get strobe/beacon/strobe/beacon/strobe... in perfect order. Now a 737-300 is old, it doesnt have a box synchronising its lights. The strobe will flash out of time with the beacon light"

Is this something you guys missed?

No - the light effects are "default X-plane" - adjusted for colouring and intensity. We are not going to add a custom randomized flashing pattern for V1.0.

Pretty happy about this complaint, though. If this is the stuff that people are picking at, we have indeed come a long way :P

Now it IS possible that by coincidence you might JUST see the flashing pattern in the video on a real plane, too - but in our plane you will see it like this all the time (I think).

Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Litjan said:

No - the light effects are "default X-plane" - adjusted for colouring and intensity.

Jan's been a little tired, so I'll cut him a break. We've all been working hard! ;)

The lights are not default, and I watched the code go in myself here at the office.

Carry on, gentlemen!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Litjan said:

No - the light effects are "default X-plane" - adjusted for colouring and intensity. We are not going to add a custom randomized flashing pattern for V1.0.

Pretty happy about this complaint, though. If this is the stuff that people are picking at, we have indeed come a long way :P

Now it IS possible that by coincidence you might JUST see the flashing pattern in the video on a real plane, too - but in our plane you will see it like this all the time (I think).

Jan

Thank you Jan. And yes, you guys have come a REALLY long way. FSX and P3D people will be jealous :P.  I can tell you I'm getting this bird on day 1.

Get some rest and hopefuly that nasty cold is fully gone. 

Edited by poodster
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Jan's been a little tired, so I'll cut him a break. We've all been working hard! ;)

The lights are not default, and I watched the code go in myself here at the office.

Carry on, gentlemen!

You're right Cameron, I searched online and I did find a few 737-300's that had synchronised lights just as the IXEG 737. 

2 hours ago, poodster said:

You're right Cameron, I searched online and I did find a few 737-300's that had synchronised lights just as the IXEG 737. 

The light pattern can actually vary due to the implementation of the system....switching to LEDs for example, which are generally electronically controlled can/might have differing patterns based on several factors....so its not 100% set in stone as to the exact pattern for any given model as that poster suggested.  Tweaking the light pattern is not rocket science....but its not at the  top of my todo list.  In addition, he insinuates that something like this "keeps us from being PMDG vs. Aerosoft".  I quite have to restrain myself from responding to that...but will :P

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, tkyler said:

The light pattern can actually vary due to the implementation of the system....switching to LEDs for example, which are generally electronically controlled can/might have differing patterns based on several factors....so its not 100% set in stone as to the exact pattern for any given model as that poster suggested.  Tweaking the light pattern is not rocket science....but its not at the  top of my todo list.  In addition, he insinuates that something like this "keeps us from being PMDG vs. Aerosoft".  I quite have to restrain myself from responding to that...but will :P

-tkyler

Thank you tom for your input. I've learned more about how an aircraft's lights work. May I ask who "he" is?

Keep up the hard work and I'm looking forward to your plane!

21 minutes ago, tkyler said:

-tkyler

Ohh ok, I didn't know he was saying this stuff

The fact that Jan said that this bird is getting ready in DAYS is already amazing! He didn't even mentioned the word "weeks". I'm so happy right now :D

Also he said that this is the last promotion-video. The tutorial videos will be released with the final product? Did I understand that right? (at very end of the video)

Again sorry for my bad english :D

Greetings from Cologne, Germany :) 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Fabio Pittol said:

I really liked the subtle buffeting while descending to the diversion airport. Which would be the cause? Flaps? Since the speedbrakes weren't out on the occasion.

This is the effect of a "high" flap setting. It is most pronounced with flaps 40, but also there with flaps 30. It is an effect that is quite palpable in the real aircraft, too.

Jan

• Upvote 2