IXEG 737 Progress Update - April 10th

Cameron

14 minutes ago, Cameron said:

As with every other product update, yes, it is always reset.

This concern should not be a concern.

Concern, well, I chose the wrong word maybe. I don't know how the XA system work, and i'm just now to tired to even care. I just don't like to read that expire date thingy. 

Anyway, all good. I'm happy. No longer concerned, thanks.

37 minutes ago, Litjan said:

This is the effect of a "high" flap setting. It is most pronounced with flaps 40, but also there with flaps 30. It is an effect that is quite palpable in the real aircraft, too.

Jan

I was just watching the video and wondering what that vibration was - impressive detail (what else from you guys ;))! 

17 hours ago, Litjan said:

No - the light effects are "default X-plane" - adjusted for colouring and intensity. We are not going to add a custom randomized flashing pattern for V1.0.

Pretty happy about this complaint, though. If this is the stuff that people are picking at, we have indeed come a long way :P

Now it IS possible that by coincidence you might JUST see the flashing pattern in the video on a real plane, too - but in our plane you will see it like this all the time (I think).

Jan

MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jjohnson241 said:

Just wondered if IXEG has seen this announcement on the X-plane forum:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/95161-x737project-version-5-announced/

On the surface at least, it looks like a 737-800 freeware (FMS will cost 20 euros) that is "full functionality". 5 years in development, etc.

A real serious competitor perhaps?

Not at all, the 737NGX by Pierre and Benedict is one of the newest members of the 737 family, btw the largest operator of the 737-800 is Ryanair, they are currently flying this model.

The 737-300 by IXEG is an "oldtimer" compared to it and a totally different plane based on the same basic frame.

If you want to know more details I would suggest reading the wikipedia pages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_Classic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_Next_Generation

And I at least hope that IXEG will release their product first.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jjohnson241 said:

Just wondered if IXEG has seen this announcement on the X-plane forum:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/95161-x737project-version-5-announced/

On the surface at least, it looks like a 737-800 freeware (FMS will cost 20 euros) that is "full functionality". 5 years in development, etc.

A real serious competitor perhaps?

Generally, we don't comment on other designers work.  We are confident that the quality of our aircraft is good enough to stand it's ground nicely on it's own.

Besides, our view is that the more other quality aircraft there is for X-Plane (freeware or payware) the better for everyone.  The real competitors are other platforms, and we hope that both the x737 and IXEG 737 will help attract more users to X-Plane -> which again will attract more designers... etc.

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 28

1 hour ago, Morten said:

Generally, we don't comment on other designers work.  We are confident that the quality of our aircraft is good enough to stand it's ground nicely on it's own.

Besides, our view is that the more other quality aircraft there is for X-Plane (freeware or payware) the better for everyone.  The real competitors are other platforms, and we hope that both the x737 and IXEG 737 will help attract more users to X-Plane -> which again will attract more designers... etc.

Well said. IXEG 737 and the x737 will hopefully attract more users and designers.

1 hour ago, MichaelG1975 said:

Not at all, the 737NGX by Pierre and Benedict is one of the newest members of the 737 family, btw the largest operator of the 737-800 is Ryanair, they are currently flying this model.

The 737-300 by IXEG is an "oldtimer" compared to it and a totally different plane based on the same basic frame.

If you want to know more details I would suggest reading the wikipedia pages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_Classic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_Next_Generation

And I at least hope that IXEG will release their product first.

The 737-300 and 737-800 I would say are completely different planes in terms of the technology used.

Edited by TheFriedchicken
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 737NUT said:

I have real strobes off of a 737 in my basement and when I turn them on they never start and sync the same way. One usually starts quicker than the other.  Makes for a cool dance theme though while flying lol

That's hardcore. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Dedicated support for more advanced hardware like multiple thrust levers, flap levers, speed-brake levers and other cockpit hardware. Very eager and interested to make it work eventually, but nothing tested (might work, might not) for V1.0.

..are the engines now separately controllable with saitec-powerquadrants?

• Upvote 2

One question for Jan. Since the air speed tape on the EADI doesn't have flap speed bugs, do you have to memorize the required speed for all the flaps settings by heart or do you glance down at the FMC or is it that there's a cheat sheet table in the cockpit somewhere?

On 4/13/2016 at 6:47 AM, cloudfreak1 said:

..are the engines now separately controllable with saitec-powerquadrants?

Unsure....we haven't tested them.  We will have a dedicated hardware/cockpit builder forum so we can discuss such things and how to go about implementing things and solutions. 

-tkyler

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

Unsure....we haven't tested them.  We will have a dedicated hardware/cockpit builder forum so we can discuss such things and how to go about implementing things and solutions. 

-tkyler

The Saitek TQ shows up as 3 separate axis so as long as it's possible to assign engine 1 and 2, there shouldn't be an issue.

4 hours ago, aljaz41 said:

One question for Jan. Since the air speed tape on the EADI doesn't have flap speed bugs, do you have to memorize the required speed for all the flaps settings by heart or do you glance down at the FMC or is it that there's a cheat sheet table in the cockpit somewhere?

You have to memorize them (if you didn´t, your instructor would send you home crying on your first day of your type-rating) :P

For those with beginning Alzheimer (like me) there is a quick-reference table on the backside of that laminated "checklist" that you can pull out of it´s holder on the glareshield.

Jan

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Diego747s said:

Please release it soon :(

It will be out soon. If you listen to the latest preview video at the end, you get some information about the release.

Just don't ask and wait. You'll be more happy when it's out. 

• Upvote 1

I've been extremely silently following these Progress Updates since two years ago, and I've seen the IXEG 737 go from having steam engine gauges to the near-complete marvel it is today. I'd say this gives PMDG a massive run for its money, and hopefully it'll be a well-tested, bug-free release which I'll enjoy from the get-go. Well done to the entire IXEG team, from @Litjan, to @tkyler and @Cameron and others who've spent all their free time on this. Coupled with the x737 3D cockpit, my short-haul liner hangar will be more complete than it is now. 

• Upvote 4